Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, chappy said:

He moved at a throw in! Hallelujah!

Yes I noticed this also.  I am amazed there are not more posts on here about his performance today.  One of the most accomplished debuts I can ever recall. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

but his free kicks were abysmal. 

I could not disagree more on this point. 

I thought he put a few in bang on the money,  but our useless players were not gambling on getting into those dangerous areas,  he can only put it into the dangerous areas,  it's not his fault the near or far posts are an alien concept to our players. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I could not disagree more on this point. 

I thought he put a few in bang on the money,  but our useless players were not gambling on getting into those dangerous areas,  he can only put it into the dangerous areas,  it's not his fault the near or far posts are an alien concept to our players. 

He put one straight into the North Stand and at least one straight into the goalkeepers arms, I can't remember one that looked dangerous at all. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He was decent, but I think some of this ^ is a bit rose-tinted specs to be hinted. I did like his corners, but his free kicks were abysmal. He was central to many of the good things we did in the first half, but he went totally missing in the second. 

I'm not in any way saying it was a bad performance, or saying that he won't be a good player for us, but I think anything more than a 6/10 is being too generous. 

he hasnt played since December 2nd though, he is a good bit off match sharpness

38 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He was decent, but I think some of this ^ is a bit rose-tinted specs to be hinted. I did like his corners, but his free kicks were abysmal. He was central to many of the good things we did in the first half, but he went totally missing in the second. 

I'm not in any way saying it was a bad performance, or saying that he won't be a good player for us, but I think anything more than a 6/10 is being too generous. 

I really am loathe to go down the Westwood/Gardner bashing route, but i think alot of the praise may be relative to what we have been accustomed to. Thats why Lansbury (and indeed Hourihane should we sign him) is on winner really.  

I enjoyed it when Westwood played a lovely cross field pass to Hutton. 

Then about 2 minutes later Lansbury made exactly the same pass, except it was a little bit further and a little bit more accurate and a little bit more difficult and basically just obviously a better pass. 

Anything you can do sprang to mind :)

Hourihane and a fit Lansbury will transform this team. Hopefully Kodjia is back too. We will smash some team soon. Shame we will go on a great run and just miss out on play offs imo.

• Like 2

Â