Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Wonder if Henri will settle into the comfy way of ambling about doing nothing that our current crop of midfielders have adopted, or if he'll actually do what a midfielder is supposed to do?

Here's hoping!

Getting kinda bored with us acting like this as soon as the game starts.

Bildresultat för monty python football animated gif

Is that the philosophers football game? I feel like there's a lot of solipsists in here or is it just me?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Thug said:

Good work.

now can u go speak to a villa fan about one of our other midfielders, and post your findings here.  Ta.

But we all know about our own players? I don't really get your point. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

But we all know about our own players? I don't really get your point. 

I think the point is, no-one on here can agree about our players most of the time. 1 good game they're world beaters, 1 bad game they should never have laced up their boots. So gauging a player's ability by asking fans of that club is pretty useless.

42 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I think the point is, no-one on here can agree about our players most of the time. 1 good game they're world beaters, 1 bad game they should never have laced up their boots. So gauging a player's ability by asking fans of that club is pretty useless.

You might get the odd person who goes a bit OTT. 

I think in general most would agree on our better players and our worst players. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I think they do because I'm sure cup games count as serving your ban (domestically). Could be wrong but that's what I led myself to believe. 

They do count he definitely has 9 yellows. It is even mentioned on his Facebook Q and A from villa fans

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You might get the odd person who goes a bit OTT. 

I think in general most would agree on our better players and our worst players. 

Yes, most seem happy to go along with the consensus, which alters weekly. That's the point. Ask today and the majority will say Elpick isn't great. Ask in 2 weeks after 2 clean sheets and he's a terrific defender.

I think you're judging a large group of people as one large 'thinking' collective. We're not, and for the most part people post fairly even handedly on VT I think, emotions make us exaggerate after a game sometimes, but most who say Chester is good this week, would say perhaps he had a bad game but he's still good next week. But there will be people who already said he's average saying 'I told you he was poor', but they're not necessarily the same person that said he was good last week... but sometimes you are right, people change their minds. I like to think I'd never be too proud to admit I was wrong and say, actually Kozak is good, if he suddenly played and scores loads of goals.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Looked very good. Was all over the pitch, range of passing was excellent and fantastic corners. 

Looks an excellent signing at this level. 

I can't express how exited I am to see an Aston Villa player take several decent corners and free kicks would have had at least one assist today if we had a goalscorer 

• Like 2

So nice to have a midfielder that:

a) wants the ball

b] doesn't hide

c) moves when not in possession

d) can spot a pass

e) makes forward runs 

f) can switch the play

g) has speed of thought

h) can take a decent corner

i) can tackle

We haven't had one of these for years. Yes he tired and should've been taken off earlier but as debuts go, that was a good one.

• Like 2

He was decent, but I think some of this ^ is a bit rose-tinted specs to be hinted. I did like his corners, but his free kicks were abysmal. He was central to many of the good things we did in the first half, but he went totally missing in the second. 

I'm not in any way saying it was a bad performance, or saying that he won't be a good player for us, but I think anything more than a 6/10 is being too generous. 

• Like 1

Â