Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

48 minutes ago, BOF said:

They took a loan of £2.25m from the prospective new owners in order to pay wages.  That takeover has since fallen through and that party now want their money back.  So I'm not sure they're in a position to turn this down in the short term, particularly given that the current owner doesn't seem to give a shit about the plight of the club and this debt is presumably on him to a large degree.  It would certainly be a factor in any future takeover.

If that is the case they sound a bit desperate. Knock a million off the bid.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand why it's stupid and brainless.  They're potentially in a relegation battle and losing one of their best players.  I'd assume they'd rather keep him?

Not if they had Paul Faulkner in charge. Now head of the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce. 

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 07:54, dounavilla said:

Did Their arch rivals 'No' make a bid too ?

Some foreign interest is developing.Late bids from Nyet in  the Russian League, and Fuggoffmaite from the A League.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nope remember James beattie thread?

thread?

Yes is it record to have a thread about a player that isn't ours this long? I'm not bagging please don't take offence I just as a reasonably new VT fan find it remarkable

Edit: your post is glitching only just noticed the bit about James Beattie. Thanks. Before my time on VT

Edited by Villan_of_oz

41 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes is it record to have a thread about a player that isn't ours this long? I'm not bagging please don't take offence I just as a reasonably new VT fan find it remarkable

Edit: your post is glitching only just noticed the bit about James Beattie. Thanks. Before my time on VT

No worries that thread was ridiculous and we never ended up signing him

Good news, hope this goes through. Will at least give us more of a cutting edge going forward.

Still desperately hoping for Hourihane more than anybody, think he will be the player who will solve a lot of our problems and its crucial we get him in alongside Lansbury. If not I still think we'll slightly struggle going forward. 

• Like 1

I agree about Hourihane. A midfield of him and Lansbury would offer grit, flair, and balance (with Hourihane being left footed)

It also would mean that our midfield 2 (or 3 if played with Jedinak) would be made up of guys that had all captained their former clubs. 

17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Is this going to be like the never ending 'next 48 hours' that accompanied every single news story associated with us in the summer?

It tallies with what was said about there being a medical today and it taking 36 hours before it's made public.  We can never be sure until it's announced but Lansbury signing looks pretty much done to me.

Â