Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Seems a bit odd that they think he would move to Nottingham in January despite him turning down a reduced pay off from us this summer. Not like Nottingham are going to pay him £40K-£50k/w or even close to half that.

He obviously likes it here and the money he's earning despite not being part of our plans. If he wanted to play he would have taken the pay off and moved. Not sure that will have changed in 2 months time.

7 hours ago, sne said:

Seems a bit odd that they think he would move to Nottingham in January despite him turning down a reduced pay off from us this summer. Not like Nottingham are going to pay him £40K-£50k/w or even close to half that.

He obviously likes it here and the money he's earning despite not being part of our plans. If he wanted to play he would have taken the pay off and moved. Not sure that will have changed in 2 months time.

Mate been saying he doesnt seem to be that interested in furthering his career. Just wants to collect a pay day until his contract expires. But he is the first person to upload pics of him with beers in his hand celebrating if we have some success (like he contributed alot to it when he added nothing)

Another bruce flop

That decision reflects the way he plays.....lilly livered, not a man you would want to be in the trenches with.

I have empathy for players who don't make and move to standards where they are better suited.

clubs pay up front for players to perform to a standard commensurate with their pay, when they don't, they should do the honourable thing, when asked.

Edited by TRO

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Rumours he rejected a pay off as he wanted a full payoff not a reduced one like nyland and jota were given

Read that and my first thought is that some players love the money more than the sport, and that's fair enough I guess. I have slightly more time for the likes like Jota mind 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Read that and my first thought is that some players love the money more than the sport, and that's fair enough I guess. I have slightly more time for the likes like Jota mind 

Yep i agree. Lansbury wont be remembered for anything barring a goal vs leeds. A total and utter failure here thats always injured ir unfit 

he'd rather sit in the stands than play football. that's his choice. some footballers love the game and are desperate to play (jota, nyland) and will take pay cuts/reduced pay out terms to do that. most wont...look at ozil for instance. maybe lansbury knows that no one half decent is interested in him otherwise they'd have come in for him in the summer so he knows he will be unemployed

it's up to him...fans tend to bay for the blood of players who dare to remain at the club and take the full salary that some **** once upon a time agreed to pay them. he has no allegiance to us. he has desire to reach legendary status with us. so why not take what he's owed?

i'd do the same, were it not my boyhood team i played for. i'm sure most on here would.

• Like 2

On 26/10/2020 at 19:01, TRO said:

That decision reflects the way he plays.....lilly livered, not a man you would want to be in the trenches with.

I have empathy for players who don't make and move to standards where they are better suited.

clubs pay up front for players to perform to a standard commensurate with their pay, when they don't, they should do the honourable thing, when asked.

Incapable people who are a bad judge of character and player gave him a contract well above his station.

Why should he turn down money Keith Wyness and Steve Bruce gifted him? He'd never had that money before, it wasn't the precedent to do so.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Incapable people who are a bad judge of character and player gave him a contract well above his station.

Why should he turn down money Keith Wyness and Steve Bruce gifted him? He'd never had that money before, it wasn't the precedent to do so.

that's what desperation can do....Luxury player once again.

Edited by TRO

I dont think we were desperate when we signed Lansbury, we just got Hourihane, Bjarnason and Jedinak to go with Westwood who offered a bit more than Lansbury did.

Few people called it a flop at the time and have been proven righ

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think we were desperate when we signed Lansbury, we just got Hourihane, Bjarnason and Jedinak to go with Westwood who offered a bit more than Lansbury did.

Westwood was gone in the window after we went down. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You’re right we weren’t desperate but we were desperately badly run. I’m not saying we’ll never make another bad signing but we are so much better behind the scenes now we should at least make fewer of them. 

On 26/10/2020 at 17:27, Demitri_C said:

Rumours he rejected a pay off as he wanted a full payoff not a reduced one like nyland and jota were given

Fair play to him he's looking after No1 and his young family, doubt he'll earn 5k a week at his next club. Nobody but the club to blame for this, hopefully a lesson learnt.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If only Bruce had some backing...

On 26/10/2020 at 19:01, TRO said:

Imo cant blame Lansbury. A stupid contract to offer him and not one hes going to get next year. This may well be his last contract, I think Green still hasn't a club. 

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He was likely on a big wage at Forest. 40k + might seem excessive but it likely was only a bit more than what he was earning as captain in Nottingham (Hourihane would've likely been on about 15k at Barnsley).

Bigger issue for me is what on earth were we smoking that January dishing out 4 and a half year deals to him, Taylor and Hogan. Look at the issues those length of contracts have caused us in making it near impossible to get rid of them.

Hopefully we won't be in championship for a long time but should be club policy not to give anyone more than a 3 year deal if that ever happens again.

Edited by VillaChris

Â