Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

7 hours ago, Wezbid said:

He must have been told he wasn't going to be in the 25 and not playing or on the bench. 

It doesn't sit well with me that he's not said fine and gone on loan. 

You assume someone would want him on loan. Even for a tiny bit of salary for the receiving club, they would still want someone who can contribute regularly in their squad.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lansbury announces his retirement when his contract expires. I don't think he can play regularly anymore.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Should have left 6 month ago and got a 2 or 3 year deal elsewhere. By next year nobody will even remember the guy exists. He'll be getting trial offers at best.

If he doesn't ask for ridiculous wages there would be  at least half a dozen championship clubs who would be interested in him. He is only 30.

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If he doesn't ask for ridiculous wages there would be  at least half a dozen championship clubs who would be interested in him. He is only 30.

There’s no reason why we can’t pay half his wages to go another club though, not his fault that the previous regime decided he was worth the money  

15 hours ago, useless said:

Lansbury gets so much goodwill from many, others who had similar spells with us not so much so.

To be honest I think if a player trains well enough that the manager could select them to play if they want and doesn't disrupt the club with antisocial behaviour, fans shouldn't be having a go at them for collecting a paycheque. Doesn't matter if it's Lansbury or anyone else.

I get it a young player would probably want to move on to try and salvage their career but someone nearing the end of their career on good pay? Nah. Not everyone wants to put in loads of effort to play out the rest of a career that's only going to decline from here on out.

7 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Signing players and doubling, tripling, quadrupling their wages can go quite badly. 

Lansbury, Kalinic, McCormack

Yeah but we wouldn’t have got them in the first place.  At the time we (management) wanted the player and thought they would make the difference and these wages were what were needed to get the deal across the line.  Hindsight is always a great thing isn’t it.

"It's been tough for Henri," Smith told Villa TV. "He's a really likeable character and a good footballer but there's been too many injuries and too many players in front of him at the moment.

"My relationship has not changed with Henri it's just the fact there's too many people in front of him. He was looking for a club in the window and, unfortunately, nothing happened and we'd already brought in Ross Barkley and other players, hence him not being in the 25-man squad.

Doesn't explain why nothing happened. I suspect a combination of no offers from clubs he'd want to go to, or offers from them at a salary he wasn't comfortable with.

Fact remains,  noone wanted him that he wanted to go to... for whatever reason.

If it was salary related you can't blame him for one second.  If he's got 40k+ a week to fall back on guaranteed,  and you're being offered half that or less elsewhere, surely you'll back yourself to still get that 20k at the end of this season. Would you throw away £1m when you're approaching the end of your ability to continue earning? It isn't like anyone he would have been moving to would have been a career highlight and if he would have to play there for 2 years to get what he would in one from us, why would he do it.

Add to that he's got a settled family,  excellent facilities, and he clearly gets on with the people he's working with and for.... there is little incentive for him to move.  But hey, who cares if that is the case. Noone else would do any different in his situation. 

Hopefully he can be used to help share some of his technical ability with the youngsters

Edited by MrBlack

29 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That means another club still picking up £20,000 per week.

Pretty much the average wage, if it wasn’t for the pandemic Im sure a few teams would have been happy to pay that, but the deal has to work for him to fo all we know he could have been offered a deal from Rangers but doesn’t want to move to Glasgow 

23 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Pretty much the average wage, if it wasn’t for the pandemic Im sure a few teams would have been happy to pay that, but the deal has to work for him to fo all we know he could have been offered a deal from Rangers but doesn’t want to move to Glasgow 

Average wage for who? Another PL team?

Certainly not the average for the championship I doubt, which is about the best Lansbury could hope for unless he can get a move to the US or something.

I doubt £20,000 per week is the average wage for championship clubs, outside of the teams that have been relegated from the premier league I bet there aren't many with players on that much money.

And Lansbury hasn't done anything with us in three years, so it's highly unlikely that any decent championship sides or that have money are going to be interested him they'll feel they're better off spending their money on players that have been performing.

The ones interested in him will likely be those that haven't got much money to spend but would be willing to take a risk in the hope that he can recapture his Forest brilliance, but would obvously have to reach a comprimise over his wages.

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Signing players and doubling, tripling, quadrupling their wages can go quite badly. 

Lansbury, Kalinic, McCormack

Kalinic badly injured, Lansbury badly injured, McCormack a waste of skin. Completely different scenarios. McCormack was a problem player try e other 2 have made no troubles. 

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Average wage for who? Another PL team?

Certainly not the average for the championship I doubt, which is about the best Lansbury could hope for unless he can get a move to the US or something.

Not for teams like Luton but the average wage for the championship is £29k per week sure there a few huge wages to boost that up from relegated teams , Joe Allen is on £50k per week

2 hours ago, useless said:

I doubt £20,000 per week is the average wage for championship clubs, outside of the teams that have been relegated from the premier league I bet there aren't many with players on that much money.

And Lansbury hasn't done anything with us in three years, so it's highly unlikely that any decent championship sides or that have money are going to be interested him they'll feel they're better off spending their money on players that have been performing.

The ones interested in him will likely be those that haven't got much money to spend but would be willing to take a risk in the hope that he can recapture his Forest brilliance, but would obvously have to reach a comprimise over his wages.

My friend plays semi pro for Bala Town and gets £1000 a week for crying out loud, stoke have 6 players on 50k + per week 

Stoke have parachute payments, the only clubs that will have players on anything like £30k a week are those still receiving premier league money, none of those teams are going to want Lansbury as they will be able to get better, if they don't have better already.Derby, Sheffield Wednesday will have players on high wages as well, but Lansbury wouldn't get into those teams either, and presumably both trying to cut their wage bills.

No championship club is going to give Lansbury £20k a week.

Edited by useless

Â