Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

When do contracts ever expire in January?

Well should be when you sign a player in January on a 4 year deal yet they never seem to **** off until 4 and a half years later.

Lansbury always looked like the happiest man in the world in team pics, social media, pre match warmups etc. And it's because he was on huge dosh, hanging round with his mates, keeping fit whilst having no real expectation of having to do any serious graft or produce on the pitch. He is living the best life that fella

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Well should be when you sign a player in January on a 4 year deal yet they never seem to **** off until 4 and a half years later.

You should note that players signed in the summer typically sign a X year deal, players signed in January typically sign a X and a half year deal. It seems the “...and a half” is often too dull/detailed to make some media reports.

He should be in his peak now but has barely played in 3 and a half years. Hopefully can loan him out once we strengthen this summer. We'll obviously need to play most of his salary. 

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

amazing to think this guy got Prem minutes:

started versus Watford (A) & versus Sheff utd (A) i think, criminal, i have no idea what Deano was thinking there.....

Watford was during a busy Christmas period so thats understandable. Sheffield United I cant remember but seems Hourihane didnt make the squad so was just between him and Luiz and maybe felt he be ripped apart by them

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

started versus Watford (A) & versus Sheff utd (A) i think, criminal, i have no idea what Deano was thinking there.....

2 games we got torn new arseholes?

On 04/08/2020 at 01:19, TheMelvillan said:

Lansbury always looked like the happiest man in the world in team pics, social media, pre match warmups etc. And it's because he was on huge dosh, hanging round with his mates, keeping fit whilst having no real expectation of having to do any serious graft or produce on the pitch. He is living the best life that fella

I'd look delighted if my retirement/future looked so rosy tbf. 

I don't blame him necessarily, though - he always puts a shift in, he's just a limited player and is made of biscuits, apparently. 

Can't really afford to have the likes of Lansbury or Jota among our registered 25 players next season. Our squad options need to be better than this.

Edit: Sad thing is these guys are likely picking up a combined £70k/week or there about.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Can't really afford to have the likes of Lansbury or Jota among our registered 25 players next season. Our squad options need to be better than this.

Hourihane and Trez/AEG to replace them, I suppose, as we bolster the first team? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

He's a good footballer. Probably a great five a side training player. Deano had tried to get him in all through the first season but he kept breaking down. It's done now though I think and Deano will move him on. Time has come and past. He didnt do the business.

There will be absolutely zero of note to add in this thread between now and the day his contract expires. He will contribute nothing in that time and he is going nowhere any time soon I suspect, I feel an N’Zogbia countdown clock coming...

• Like 2

His greatest contribution to villa has been to give us fans a chance to have a quick comeback to all the lazy "Hawkeye kept you up" comments "thanks" to the Kevin friend incident. 

Shame, it's not like he's absolute dogdroppings, especially at championship level, but the only part of his body which seems to be able to stay fit is his hair. 

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Surely it's in our best interest to loan him out to ANY team, even if we have to cover 75% of the wages. 

eh, dunno, why?

At the very least, he could play in some worthless cup games to save other players legs?, especially in a very compact season?

If we still have to pay 75% of his wages to loan him out, may as well keep him for unimportant games?

(although tbh, would rather us play youth in any unimportant games)

Edited by MaVilla

Â