Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have just looked at the released list- and Henri is not on it. When does his contract end? His Villa career has unfortunately not gone well.

He has another 12 months I believe, so should get another 14 mins out of him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

His astronomical salary will make any move impossible unless we pay part of his salary at the next club I imagine. Hope he isn't part of our squad for the upcoming season, would be a failure if he is.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s a shame because he’s obviously got a lot of talent. Just unlucky that we will never see it

I think he is massively over rated as I said when we were first linked with him. I saw plenty of him at Forest at what has turned out to be his peak, he wasn't a PL player even then.

• Like 1

If he's only got 1 year on his contract he may take a lower salary for a long deal. 

Say he's on £50k with us he may take £25k elsewhere for a 4 year deal. 

He'll be 30 and knocking on 31 when his deal expires, at that time he may only get say £15k and probably only on a 2 or 3 year deal. 

Sometimes the longer view will earn them more money than sitting out the final year of a more lucrative contract.  His next move may well be his last, at least at a Championship level.  

Edited by sidcow

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If he's only got 1 year on his contract he may take a lower salary for a long deal. 

Say he's on £50k with us he may take £25k elsewhere for a 4 year deal. 

He'll be 30 and knocking on 31 when his deal expires, at that time he may only get say £15k and probably only on a 2 or 3 year deal. 

Sometimes the longer view will earn them more money than sitting out the final year of a more lucrative contract.  His next move may well be his last, at least at a Championship level.  

If there is a club out there willing to give him a 4 year deal at £25k a week then I'm sure he will snap their hands off and half their forearms.

In the post Peter Risdale world I'm not sure such a club is out there.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I think he is massively over rated as I said when we were first linked with him. I saw plenty of him at Forest at what has turned out to be his peak, he wasn't a PL player even then.

He did score that goal against us, that was pretty good......................................................

Has talent but his injuries slowed him down. Plus I think he fell in to the habit of just being happy to accept a pay packet. If we can move him on happy days. If not, I see him maybe getting a cup game or 2 if he’s lucky. Hope for his sake he takes the option of going at least out on loan in the championship 

The thing that winds me up about lansbury he has contributed so little yet he is such a social media whore celebrating keeping us up and the same with the play offs when he added nothing to either of those occiasions. 

But you would think the way he celebrates he has added 10 goals and 10 assists

• Like 1

On 21/07/2020 at 22:25, NurembergVillan said:

Looked fantastic when he came on today.

Say what you like about him but he always looks fantastic.

Don't tell SGC he won't get to sleep.😀

• Haha 4

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.....we are much the same.

These players have to be moved on......some of them like Henri have made a tidy living out of poor judgement from us.

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing that winds me up about lansbury he has contributed so little yet he is such a social media whore celebrating keeping us up and the same with the play offs when he added nothing to either of those occiasions. 

But you would think the way he celebrates he has added 10 goals and 10 assists

We are getting annoyed now at squad players being happy when the first team does a good thing?

• Like 2

Â