Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Just now, New_Hope said:

Other than that back heel....I don't think he contributed too much really.  But still a good squad player to have. I think he will move on in January to a championship team.

Harsh. He was really good. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, New_Hope said:

Other than that back heel....I don't think he contributed too much really.  But still a good squad player to have. I think he will move on in January to a championship team.

He was MOTM for me.

Put two on a plate and got a third assist for Guilbert with good pass from the corner.

He just can't move. No legs on the chap.

• Like 3

He had some nice touches, especially the assists for Hourihane and Grealish, but wasn't as good as some are making out, didn't really impose himself on the game. Besides he pretty much always plays well in friendlies or against lower league opposition in the cups.

21 minutes ago, useless said:

He had some nice touches, especially the assists for Hourihane and Grealish, but wasn't as good as some are making out, didn't really impose himself on the game. Besides he pretty much always plays well in friendlies or against lower league opposition in the cups.

When was the last time he had his chance as a playmaker? leave Swansea in the cup, as that was in the middle of our worst performances,

43 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Yeah not too much, just another two assists on top of the one you acknowledged.

1 hour ago, New_Hope said:

3 assists. Disgraceful performance

1 hour ago, New_Hope said:

Other than that back heel....I don't think he contributed too much really.  But still a good squad player to have. 

Did you miss the other two assists then? 

12 hours ago, useless said:

It was deliberate you quite clearly saw him look over his shoulder at Grealish before he made the backheel.

Definitely deliberate, but think he spotted Guilbert - Grealish was just coming on to it better so took the shot. Doesn't take anything away from the assist though.

He player very well. Suspect he'd struggle a lot more against higher quality opposition, but having him means McGinn got a night off, which is very useful. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, useless said:

It was deliberate you quite clearly saw him look over his shoulder at Grealish before he made the backheel.

He did, and while he played exceptionally well (easily MOTM for me), I am pretty sure that backheel was to the Villa player standing between Lansbury and Grealish. Can't remember who it was mind. 

Edit: It was Guilbert. https://youtu.be/7Nwa0IS_Oh4?t=579

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

I think he can be a very useful asset for us this season. I know he doesn’t particularly have the legs, but he’s a clever footballer and will understand the game plan. As Pez said above, at the very least he gave SJM a night off. 

• Like 2

I think the word 'assist' gets abused a bit! Guilbert's goal for instance was a pass from a corner. Guilbert then controlled it looked up and put in a great finish just because Lansbury passed it to him hardly makes it an assist. In my eyes, an assist is where your team mate has to do nothing other than put the ball in the net!

I felt most of the game passed him by.  Nakamba had a far better game and was more influential.

Edited by New_Hope

Â