Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, jimbob80 said:

Gary Cahill ?? Prime example. I think johnstone is a good keeper, I'd much prefer him over ruddy or hart , who were both shocking the last time I saw play

You'd prefer Johnstone over Hart?! Wtf! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbob80 said:

Gary Cahill ?? Prime example. I think johnstone is a good keeper, I'd much prefer him over ruddy or hart , who were both shocking the last time I saw play

Sorry, I wasn't talking specifically about the johnstone situation, I was merely responding to the general concept that people seem to get blinded by the club they are coming from, which I agree with. 

There are of course always exceptions, I mean how many opportunities did Chelsea have to retain Lukaka? But for every Lukaka there aren't dozens of Djemba Djemba's, Scott Sinclair's and Steve Sidwell's. Good club's more often than not don't let good players go, unless it's for gajillions of pounds to Barcelona or summat. 

• Like 1

Done deal for johnstone  another year loan -

Bruce made the goalkeeper his top target this summer and will be pleased to finally get the deal done.

An approach was made for Manchester City stopper Joe Hart but Villa were quickly told that he would not be dropping down into the Championship, and Johnstone remained the preferred choice.

Whether the stopper flies out to Portugal to link up with the squad is unclear at this stage.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-steve-13302644.amp

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Done deal for johnstone  another year loan -

Bruce made the goalkeeper his top target this summer and will be pleased to finally get the deal done.

An approach was made for Manchester City stopper Joe Hart but Villa were quickly told that he would not be dropping down into the Championship, and Johnstone remained the preferred choice.

Whether the stopper flies out to Portugal to link up with the squad is unclear at this stage.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-steve-13302644.amp

Big gamble that.

Hope it works out 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Why just a loan again? Would prefer us to commit and give full stsbility, but at least we have it confirmed.

Maybe we will get an option to buy at the end of the season although let's see how it progresses first - not sure he's ready for the premiership yet.

he is off contract end of this season coming. So effectively a free transfer?

Anyway.. very underwhelmed as well. We needed experience between the sticks. 

5 minutes ago, KSV said:

he is off contract end of this season coming. So effectively a free transfer?

Anyway.. very underwhelmed as well. We needed experience between the sticks. 

He signed a new deal under mourinho last season , united have another years option after this season so would probably want a fee .

Jose Mourinho said: "Sam is a goalkeeper with great potential. He is a very professional young man with a great attitude to the game. He has progressed immensely even during my short time at the club. I am delighted he has committed his future to Manchester United.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Oct/Goalkeeper-Sam-Johnstone-signs-new-Manchester-United-deal.aspx

Edited by Eastie

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He signed a new deal under mourinho last season , united have another years option after this season so would probably want a fee .

Ah did he..Well a loan is ok i guess.. if we get promoted with him we can go for a much better keeper in the Premier League

• Like 2

I think loan is the best option, at the end of the year you see where we are, you see who else is out there, more importantly you see if this kid is actually any better than Gollini because based on last season I've seen nothing to suggest he is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think loan is the best option, at the end of the year you see where we are, you see who else is out there, more importantly you see if this kid is actually any better than Gollini because based on last season I've seen nothing to suggest he is

Have to agree , I thought gollini was ok last season , granted he made kicking errors which cost us but very little between him and johnstone 

• Like 1

Â