Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

6 hours ago, poitier said:

He saved us today, distribution needs to be better though. I'm not really a fan of the quick boot upfield that just gives the ball back to the opposition.

This exactly. Obviously he won us the point with a couple of good saves, and that's enough to call it a good game I guess, but his distribution was awful. Did he find a Villa shirt a single time when he kicked it? Most of them were sailing 20 yards over Davis' head to the last defender or the goalkeeper it seemed to me. 

According to a few papers we are looking into signing him on a permanent in January.

Don't really see the sense in this as he's not someone I see as PL quality and would still probably cost a bit.

At this point I think it's unnecessary to buy him as we have no idea of what division we will play in next season, and who our manager will be.

Hopefully it's just speculation.

• Like 1

Express stating west brom, west ham and palace interested in jonhstone and deal could end early in january.

If i was sam i would stay until summer he will have a lot of options by then. Not sure why we allowed a recall option. As this could cause problems

If 

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Express stating west brom, west ham and palace interested in jonhstone and deal could end early in january.

If i was sam i would stay until summer he will have a lot of options by then. Not sure why we allowed a recall option. As this could cause problems

If 

Yeah I read that too Here.

Aston Villa loanee attracting interest from three Premier League clubs

ASTON VILLA loan star Sam Johnstone has emerged as a target for Premier League trio Crystal Palace, West Brom and West Ham.

The Manchester United keeper is on a season-long loan with the Championship club and Steve Bruce hopes to land him on a full-time basis. 

But Johnstone’s deal at Villa Park could be torn up next month ahead of a permanent move away from Old Trafford. 

Johnstone has less than six months left on his contract but United will reportedly trigger an option to extend his contract until the summer of 2019 to avoid losing him for nothing.

The Preston-born stopper has impressed between the sticks for Villa, conceding just 20 goals in 22 league appearances. 

Manager Steve Bruce has revealed the club “will do everything in our power” to land Johnstone permanently.

The Manchester United keeper is on a season-long loan with the Championship club and Steve Bruce hopes to land him on a full-time basis. 

But Johnstone’s deal at Villa Park could be torn up next month ahead of a permanent move away from Old Trafford. 

Johnstone has less than six months left on his contract but United will reportedly trigger an option to extend his contract until the summer of 2019 to avoid losing him for nothing.

The Preston-born stopper has impressed between the sticks for Villa, conceding just 20 goals in 22 league appearances. 

Manager Steve Bruce has revealed the club “will do everything in our power” to land Johnstone permanently.

“He is going to find it difficult at United to break through because of what they have got so we are hopeful,” he added.  

But a string of Premier League clubs have been alerted to his development.

According to the Mirror, Palace are considering Johnstone as a replacement for Wayne Hennessey.

West Brom are looking to bring in genuine competition from first-choice stopper Ben Foster.

While West Ham have begun the search for a new keeper ahead of Joe Hart’s return to Manchester City at the end of the season. 

Johnstone has never made a senior appearance for United and is behind David De Gea and Sergio Romero in the pecking order.

Villa’s most famous fan Prince William has urged the club to get a permanent deal done for Johnstone

“William is a big Villa fan and knew a lot,” Bruce said. 

“He was pleading with me to get Sam Johnstone tied up and make his deal permanent.

“We're pretty fortunate to have him as one of our big supporters.”

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, sne said:

Would be perfect for us to blow what little funds we have in January on a player already at the club :hooray:

True, could also make things very very interesting if he does bugger off in January too.

(I always assumed that until a loan deal finnished 'player x' could not be sold)

By rights if all the said clubs do want him then that is fine but they should not be allowed to sign him until then, or if they do sign him now that he cannot move until June 2018.

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

True, could also make things very very interesting if he does bugger off in January too.

(I always assumed that until a loan deal finnished 'player x' could not be sold)

By rights if all the said clubs do want him then that is fine but they should not be allowed to sign him until then, or if they do sign him now that he cannot move until June 2018.

I guess it depends on how the loan deal is written, would be very us to get shafted by ourselves.

From me playing Championship Manager :D as I remember it players can't be sold when they are already on loan, or rather they can't move to their new club until the loan deal ends.

Can't imagine Championship Manager lied to me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sne said:

I guess it depends on how the loan deal is written, would be very us to get shafted by ourselves.

From me playing Championship Manager :D as I remember it players can't be sold when they are already on loan, or rather they can't move to their new club until the loan deal ends.

Can't imagine Championship Manager lied to me.

The exact same philosophy encouraged me to write the above. What a valuble football crashcourse that game has turned out to be.  :thumb:

• Like 1

The Loan and being able to Transfer Thing.  

When loaned out for a season the club loaning the player out often put a mid season recall option in the contract so they can either get back a player who is now better than they thought, or permanently sell a player to someone else.  Makes sense as their are only two windows per year they might want to cash in in case the second half of the season sends his value down.

He is settled here now and proved people including me wrong with consistent performances.  Young so hopefully develop more.   I say if we have a chance get him.  Might not be a Bosnich level but a good Solid Goalkeeper is a start.

7 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

The Loan and being able to Transfer Thing.  

When loaned out for a season the club loaning the player out often put a mid season recall option in the contract so they can either get back a player who is now better than they thought, or permanently sell a player to someone else.  Makes sense as their are only two windows per year they might want to cash in in case the second half of the season sends his value down.

He is settled here now and proved people including me wrong with consistent performances.  Young so hopefully develop more.   I say if we have a chance get him.  Might not be a Bosnich level but a good Solid Goalkeeper is a start.

If we are to strike any deal with Manure it surely will be coming out of next seasons budget.

Do we have a first refusal at £10m or thereabouts on him written in to the loan?, if so trigger it and give them the money in June once the loan ends.

Â