Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

Ok I was wrong, it turns out that he does know how to do that goalkeeping thing.  I had anticipated totting up the number of points he lost us as a contributing factor to missing promotion and here he is earning us points with good saves and commendably solid performances.  I'm surprised as all hell, but very happily so.  I've pretty much now cursed him to let in a howler tonight now though haven't i?

It's funny what a bit of time and experience does for a young player, isn't it? 

Like most, I didn't see the potential that Johnstone has managed to unlock though - it's a remarkable turnaround from last season and I imagine we're trying hard to sort out a deal for him permanently. 

5 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Still early days, but having said that I have to join in the general feeling in here that he was a massive question mark for me and now he's proved us all wrong. Keep it up lad.

I would love to sign him.

If he keeps this improvement up.....he could be on his way to England consideration.

One of our key players this season. Massively improved upon last year and been instrumental in many of our points. Another clean sheet yesterday and he didn't fall asleep even though he had an  uneventful evening but did his thing when it was needed. I hope we can make it permanent without being torn apart by manure. 

Its strange, even though he has been great this season, a kudos to him for that, he was so bad at times last season that i still feel a bit shaky with him in goal. 

Hopefully another couple of months of solid performances will wipe the memory of last season and alter my view. 

Â