Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

Hang on he made a few saves doesnt make him acceptable.   The chaos in our defense has coincided with Johnstone Arriving in Goal.

He doesnt command the Goal Area or command/direct his defense.

He needs to be dropped before we drop

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villanun said:

Looked to me like Hutton gave him a right telling off for not coming out and claiming the ball. I can understand the defence looking a bit shaky recently; they seem to have no confidence in the lad behind them.

Yup, at one point they were shielding off thinking he would come for a ball and he just stayed there.

those are the things shit opposition goals are made of.

2 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

He looks absolutely terrified of making a mistake. Not sure if he's just got no confidence in himself or if he's just a turd goalkeeper.

Probably both. I've yet to see him have a good game.

I can't say at any point I was confident when the ball was near him, even with no pressure on him. I just do not trust him at all. It must also come into thinking of the defenders in front of him too.

• Like 1

The second we're mathematically safe we should just drop him. Arguably I'd put Bunn in now too, but then get Sarkic some game time.

Johnstone isn't even ours anyway, with no option to buy, so why bother trying to improve him? He inspires no confidence in the defence, he doesn't comand his area at all and I'm not sure I've seen him catch rather than punch a ball. He's not a disaster exactly, but I see few upsides with persevering with him as he's off in summer anyway.

Pointless signing.

• Like 2

I watched Viktor Johansson the other night for the under 18's and that lad knows how to boss his box. Barking orders, coming out and taking responsibility. 

Out first team keeper would do well to learn a little bit from our under 18's keeper. 

• Like 2

In the first half, he tried to catch the ball and completely lost the flight. Didn't get anywhere near it even though it was a straight up catch. Got lucky that the ref gave a foul against Bent.

I honestly think he is the worst keeper I've ever seen. Guzan when he played in his first few seasons (Blackburn semi final 6-4, jumps out), was useless at coming off his line. Johnstone makes that look Neuer esque.

22 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

I watched Viktor Johansson the other night for the under 18's and that lad knows how to boss his box. Barking orders, coming out and taking responsibility. 

Out first team keeper would do well to learn a little bit from our under 18's keeper. 

I think Johansson is very good but I think that Sarkic is even better 

• Like 1

Â