Other teams transfers

villa4europe

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think he's a good signing for them but I don't think he will push them into a top 6 team. Lennon and Deulofeu are not really that level.

is the right answer, he's a step in the right direction but they need a proper splurge, havent seen that much of them if im honest but just looking at the squad and then the table you can see the problem is scoring, he's not going to help them with that

they'll finish in 7th this year, well clear of 8th but way off 6th too

Stoke manager Mark Hughes remains "hopeful" of signing West Brom striker Saido 'Gabby Agbonlahor' Berahino in the January transfer window.

The Potters bid for the 23-year-old in the summer, while the Baggies made a third contract offer last month.

Berahino has not played for the first team since 10 September and was sent to a conditioning camp in France to help him lose weight and regain fitness.

"We are interested in him, as a number of other clubs are," said Hughes.

"I am hopeful we will be able to get something done."

Berahino's deal at The Hawthorns expires at the end of the season and Albion have been in talks with him since the summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38609201

Why in God's name would anyone touch this waste of space?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

I really don't get it. I could understand the interest when he was playing well a number of years ago, but he's scored 1 goals since the end of October 2015. You know, the same as Gabby.

I don't get Albion's stance on it either. They keep refusing offers for him. They could have had close to £20m for him last year. He's not that good! 

• Like 1

WRT Berahino.  I think it's fair to say his contract situation has severely impacted his goal return whether that be through lack of motivation, engineering a move or the resulting lack of first team chances.  I don't think Berahino is a "1 goal every 15 months" kind of striker if he's playing in a team he wants to be in.  That's not to say he's a world beater, and maybe now he's just a world class sulk.  But I think once he moves, you'll see a decent Premier League striker.  His new club might even get a spike in his return solely because he has escaped from what he probably sees as a prison sentence at this point.

• Like 2

Linky!

That's that one done anyhoo.

Jeffrey Schlupp: Crystal Palace sign Leicester winger for an undisclosed fee

Schlupp, 24, has joined for an undisclosed fee, reported to be £12m.

The Ghana international made 24 Premier League appearances in 2015-16 as the Foxes won the title for the first time in the club's history.

But he has started only one league game this season and has not featured at all since the 5-0 Champions League loss at Porto on 7 December.

Schlupp, Sam Allardyce's first signing as Palace manager, was left out of Ghana's squad for the Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon.

He began his career at Leicester - making 150 appearances for the club and scoring 15 goals - and had a loan spell at Brentford during 2010-11.

West Brom boss Tony Pulis had been interested in Schlupp, who joins a Palace side 17th in the Premier League.

The Eagles, one point above the relegation zone, visit West Ham on Saturday, then have an FA Cup third-round replay at home to League One Bolton on 17 January.

Schlupp will be available for the game at London Stadium.

Allardyce praised the versatile winger, adding: "He will bring strength and experience to the defence and will be a major asset for the club having just turned 24-years- old".

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Cleverley joins Watford on loan.

I know we probably weren't in for him, but still 'n all ...

He does realise that Watford is even further from his Cheshire home than Brum is? 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Can someone please investigate the Djilobodji transfer to Sunderland.

the Mannone- Djilibodji- O'Shea trio are trying to rival Guzan-Lescott-Richards for worst back three in football history