Other teams transfers

villa4europe

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 16:38, BOF said:

Cleverley joins Watford on loan.

I know we probably weren't in for him, but still 'n all ...

giphy.gif

WTF...His missus will go nuts when she finds out!

• Like 1

On 13/01/2017 at 16:38, BOF said:

Cleverley joins Watford on loan.

I know we probably weren't in for him, but still 'n all ...

giphy.gif

I don't get this. By far the best midfielder we've been linked with and far too good for us. Is it sarcastic or do people really think we could do better? 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Being better than what we have should be the absolute minimum requirement. He's not as good as I'd like us to have. 

what midfielders would you like us to have? he is better than players we are linked with and a lot better than players we can attract

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Being better than what we have should be the absolute minimum requirement. He's not as good as I'd like us to have. 

No but then the midfielders I'd like us have are currently playing in the CL.

I don't see many midfielders better than Cleverley being interested in a move to VP any time soon.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Depay going Lyon. Honestly thought he would come good in the PL. 

He's a highlights player...people went crazy as he scored a few 30 yard free kicks in Holland.

Movement off the ball....tactical discipline....awareness of when to pass....nah nothing there.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's a highlights player...people went crazy as he scored a few 30 yard free kicks in Holland.

Movement off the ball....tactical discipline....awareness of when to pass....nah nothing there.

In fairness he bagged a lot of goals in his last season at PSV, but then Afonso Alves looked like a monster in that league. 

Weimann (remember him!) has joined Wolves on loan and thus re-untied with Paul Lambert.

Is that a small glimmer of hope that Lambert will make an approach for the much maligned Westwood????

We can live in hope!!! (Although I'm not as vitriolic about Westwood as many on here, I agree he is too 'damaged' here and needs to go)

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Weimann (remember him!) has joined Wolves on loan and thus re-untied with Paul Lambert.

Is that a small glimmer of hope that Lambert will make an approach for the much maligned Westwood????

We can live in hope!!! (Although I'm not as vitriolic about Westwood as many on here, I agree he is too 'damaged' here and needs to go)

Wolves wide men were too dangerous vs Villa on Saturday that Lambert will prob get rid of them for Weimann

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I always liked Weimann so I hope it works out for him. He had a lot of talent and I think we killed him. 

In a bygone era he would have played alongside an Emile Heskey and forged a decent career for himself poaching a decent tally.

As it is, he is neither here not there. He isn't a number 9 and he hasn't got the quality on the ball to play wide.

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Berahino looks to have finally escaped the clutches of WBA. I wonder if he remembers how to actually play football. 

I know this comment will probably cause controversy, particularly because of his background and heritage but I think it's debatable that he ever did

• Like 1