Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

16 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I want to see arrows especially for De Laet!

BunnHuttonRichardsElphickCissokhoWestwoodGardnerGabyGestedeKozak

^   ^    ^

\ | /

<-De Laet on a deckchair->

/  |  \

• Like 2

On 03/01/2017 at 13:53, Chindie said:

There isn't a person on the planet that gives a shit about this match is there? 

I know I'm probably in a minority of one but me, particularly if we see any of the kids which I think might happen

I expect both team will field 'weakened' starting XI's - however, how we can possibly field a weaker XI than recent weeks will be an amazing feat of ineptitude on the pitch!

................Johnstone

Hutton.Richards.Elphick.Cissokho

..................Jedinak

......Bacuna...........Westwood

......Grealish..........McCormack

...................Gabby

there is clearly a good case for both teams to rest their key players , at the same time giving youngsters and outsiders a chance to show what they can do .

spurs should still have the better team and should win.

I remember us going there 22 years ago and being 3-0 up after 15 minutes - even the cameraman couldn't keep up and missed a goal. Spurs (Sheringham and Klinsmann) pulled it back to 3-3 before Saunders netted a winner for us late, late on.

The spirit of 94 folks - that's what we need.

Still think it will be a bad bumming though...

46 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

I remember us going there 22 years ago and being 3-0 up after 15 minutes - even the cameraman couldn't keep up and missed a goal. Spurs (Sheringham and Klinsmann) pulled it back to 3-3 before Saunders netted a winner for us late, late on.

I remember that day because I was in hospital recovering from an operation on my ear. Always sticks in my mind that game does.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Goals from Atkinson, Fenton (2) & Saunders. Those were the days! 

The away win that sticks in my memory was in 1992 when we went 2 down before going on to win 5-2 with goals from Richardson, Regis, Olney, Yorke & Daley. I will never forget a Spurs fan banging his head on the wall behind us as we scored our fourth (we were standing on the side which was 99.9% Spurs fans). :D

The 1979 game when Ardiles & Villa got their ticker tape welcome to White Hart Lane and we spoilt their party with a 4-1 win with goals from Evans, Gregory, Little and Shelton was also a game to remember for us and for them to try to forget. 

Oh there was also a terrific draw in 1966 that has to get a mention when we came back from 5-1 down at half time to finish 5-5 with goals from Hateley (4) & Deakin.      

Edited by John
  • Like 2

against a weak xi

4-0

a strong xi

8-0

@sir_gary_cahill - kids careers would be over in 90mins. One way to clear out the academy though

Bunn

Hutton Richards Elphick Aly

Bacuna Westwood Gardner Gaby

Kozak

11th man a Youth player subbed by another YP at 22mins30secs

who is then taken off at HT subbed by another YP

who is then subbed by another YP on 67mins30secs

Minimum exposure/damage done

Eithet that 

or

Gollini for Bunn

Bunn up top with Kozak

Bruce could also try SJ up front to find out if he's the next Schmeichel on corners/freekicks in the last 5mins

or even

SJ in for Bunn to see how he copes with the pressure, Crosses and find out if he's a shot stopper.

Good practice

Edited by Grasshopper