Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

54 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There isn't a person on the planet that gives a shit about this match is there? 

Astonishingly, it's been chosen for TV, so somebody must care. Spurs fans I can only imagine!

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Astonishingly, it's been chosen for TV, so somebody must care. Spurs fans I can only imagine!

I can only think the execs think people will watch for a goalfest.

Even Spurs fans must know they're going to win at a canter. They don't need to batter us, so why bother?

25 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I can only think the execs think people will watch for a goalfest.

Even Spurs fans must know they're going to win at a canter. They don't need to batter us, so why bother?

Yep, spurs are very good and villa are very bad, let's put it on tv and it'll be guaranteed goals. That the only reason it's been picked 

Well I don't know about anyone else but I'd like to see us have a go. Spurs will field a weakened side, we should probably make a few changes but it will be good to see how our side fares against top class Premier League opposition again, but this time under a manager that actually knows what he's doing. I could understand playing the reserves if we had a game midweek, but we don't so let's put in a good performance and take some confidence into the Wolves game the following Saturday. 

Gollini

Bacuna   Chester   Baker   Amavi

Tshibola  Jedinak  Grealish

Adomah        RHM        Agbonlahor

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KJT123 said:

Well I don't know about anyone else but I'd like to see us have a go. Spurs will field a weakened side, we should probably make a few changes but it will be good to see how our side fares against top class Premier League opposition again, but this time under a manager that actually knows what he's doing. I could understand playing the reserves if we had a game midweek, but we don't so let's put in a good performance and take some confidence into the Wolves game the following Saturday. 

Gollini

Bacuna   Chester   Baker   Amavi

Tshibola  Jedinak  Grealish

Adomah        RHM        Agbonlahor

Exactly. Give it the full boll*ks. I didn't remember this meh attitude when we beat Liverpool at Wembley 2 years ago. 2 of the most successful teams in its 140 year history versus each other. I would always like to beat Spurs. Got a full week to the match. Its the cup, its the first weekend of January. Give it a go. If we lose, we lose. 

• Like 1

This is a game between two teams that have won the FA Cup 15 times between them. Two teams that were neck and neck for the fourth Champions League place until late in season 2009/10 and that now have 26 teams standing between them. They last won it in 1991 and we last won it in 1957. They are 8/1 to lift the trophy we are 200/1. They will rest players we might play something near our strongest available team & Gabby. They have realistic ambitions of winning the FA Cup but our ambitions do not stretch further than qualifying for the play-off's at the end of this season.

We won our only FA Cup meeting 1-0 at Villa Park having drawn 0-0 at Spurs to earn the replay in 1992. We last beat Spurs in 2015 (1-0 away). 

It would be nice to make this a Promotion & FA Cup double winning season and we have been waiting far too long for an 8th FA Cup win. But our focus has to be on the league this time and although a cup run can improve league results if we must go out let us go out with some respectability rather than on the end of a heavy defeat.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Yep, spurs are very good and villa are very bad, let's put it on tv and it'll be guaranteed goals. That the only reason it's been picked 

That and the BBC have always lived mocking us. They'll have gobby savage on and he'll be laughing at us saying how much a shambles we are. Pathetic match to put on, they know it's not going to be a surprise result 

Gutted that this is on TV. I've pretty much escaped mockery this season as hardly anyone I know follows anything other than the Premier League. Returning to the forefront of public humiliation with a spanking on BBC, great stuff.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Gutted that this is on TV. I've pretty much escaped mockery this season as hardly anyone I know follows anything other than the Premier League. Returning to the forefront of public humiliation with a spanking on BBC, great stuff.

Who gives a **** . for how shit we have been over the last few years I'm still proud to be a villa fan. I've got mates who are Leeds fans and they are still loud and proud. We will probably get hammered but we will be back at somepoint. I'm glad it's on tv.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

My wishlist for this game.

Rest Chester and Baker, play Elphick and Toner its not like were going to win anyway

Play Westwood Gardner and Agbonlahor maybe they will get injured so Bruce can't pick them again

Give RHM 90 minutes

Play Bacuna hopefully he has a stormer and convinces spurs to do a swap deal for Dele Alli

One things for sure i certainly won't be watching the game on the TV it will be a massive wankfest and i don't want to hear the commentator rub one off into his microphone for 30 minutes i'll probably listen to it on the radio

Edited by AshVilla