Bodymoor Heath

TRO

O’Brien has started work with Aston Villa Football Club to relocate parts of their training ground to make way for HS2.

Aston-Villa-Training-Ground-June-2018-60

The contract involves enabling works for nine natural pitches and one 3G pitch at the club’s Recon Training Ground in Bodymoor Heath, Tamworth.

The pitches are being relocated on the training ground site because of planned HS2 construction.

An HS2 Ltd spokesperson said: “A portion of Aston Villa’s Bodymoor Heath training ground is needed for phase one of the HS2 project.”

O’Brien’s Tony Mitchell, Operations Manager, said: “The HS2 scheme will have a major impact locally and on the Recon training facility, which will lose a large portion of the current training ground.

“The project is part of the greater plan to allow the football club to maintain existing facilities and replace those affected by HS2.

“We plan to make this transition as simple as possible for Aston Villa and help to create an outstanding new facility for them that will ensure the future of the training academy is not threatened by HS2.”

O’Brien will provide plateaus and associated works for the construction of the new pitches, which will be provided by other contractors.

The works include demolition, the forming of plateaus on site using site won and imported materials, the construction of a new haul road, drainage ditches, land drains, ponds and associated works.

Work has currently started on site and is due for completion in September. 

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2018/06/13/aston-villa-move-training-ground-to-make-way-for-hs2/ 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I forgot where but I saw someone suggested Bodymoor Heath is like a holiday resort opposed to a limited training ground which could lead to why we have an underlying issue at this club.

I never thought of this and I thought that it was an interesting subject to raise.

Do you think that the high quality facilities is having a negative impact on our players or do you think that this thought is rubbish?

Edited by Reivax_Villa

5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Do you think that the high quality facilities is having a negative impact on our players or do you think that this thought is rubbish?

On this basis Manchester City should be diabolically awful. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

On this basis Manchester City should be diabolically awful. 

Well I did think this however Man City sign world class players that have trained at similar facilities to City before joining.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

• 2 months later...

I see a planning application has been submitted to extend the gym and sports science facilities @ BMH 

http://planning.northwarks.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=116876

&

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-expansion-plans-highlight-16213609

Aston Villa are planning an overhaul of the club's training facilities to cope with the 'ever-growing needs of their squad'. 

The club have applied to North Warwickshire Borough Council to ask for planning permission for an extension to the gymnasium facilities and sports science area of Bodymoor Heath.

Does anyone know if the plans previously posted to include a mini stadium at BMH are still on the table ... well more a make shift stand than stadium ... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/05/2019 at 13:58, thabucks said:

I see a planning application has been submitted to extend the gym and sports science facilities @ BMH 

http://planning.northwarks.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=116876

&

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-expansion-plans-highlight-16213609

Does anyone know if the plans previously posted to include a mini stadium at BMH are still on the table ... well more a make shift stand than stadium ... 

Plans passed  AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=353384

Funny that the conditions state work must be started within three years.  - They started about six weeks ago!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Dadster23 said:

Plans passed  AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=353384

Funny that the conditions state work must be started within three years.  - They started about six weeks ago!

Being a Planner/Urban Designer, the three year time limit to begin work is a standard condition on (pretty much) all applications. Anything they did before hand was likely to be site preparation which wouldn’t count as ‘development’ as such.

There are likely to be other conditions too, if I get a chance I’ll have a look at them... I’m such a sad git!

40 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Being a Planner/Urban Designer, the three year time limit to begin work is a standard condition on (pretty much) all applications. Anything they did before hand was likely to be site preparation which wouldn’t count as ‘development’ as such.

There are likely to be other conditions too, if I get a chance I’ll have a look at them... I’m such a sad git!

Sure, the three year thing is standard. Just made laugh as the “site preparation” has been going on in earnest for some time. Guessing they want to get this done as soon as possible ready for pre season.

53 minutes ago, Dadster23 said:

Sure, the three year thing is standard. Just made laugh as the “site preparation” has been going on in earnest for some time. Guessing they want to get this done as soon as possible ready for pre season.

Probably! 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Just been looking at the plans for the extension and I see they’ve finally added a sandpit in the new gym area. 

Yes, Mings and Grealish were playing in it earlier. 

IMG-20200205-125532.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Farlz said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-bodymoor-heath-purslow-17692356

Definitely feels as if everything is pushing in the right direction behind the scenes. 

It’s a nice piece. Although the bit about the value of Jack and McGinn against their combined cost made me laugh as, you’d always hope even without the infrastructure one player who came through the youth and one signed cheaply from Scotland their value having played regularly in the premier would increase 

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-bodymoor-heath-purslow-17692356

Definitely feels as if everything is pushing in the right direction behind the scenes. 

Yes and I don’t think we can underestimate the importance of this. Let’s face it, none of us really know if we’ll stay up this season, but the fact that we’re making these infrastructure investments regardless, shows the ambition of our owners and indicates that they have a long term view of our future. 

Of course if we are relegated that will slow our progress. However I get the impression it won’t be viewed by the board as a disaster but merely a blip in the long term vision to make us a big, modern and ultimately successful football club. 

• Like 1

Â