New Years Eve Plans

It's Your Round

Happy New Year fellow VT'ers! 

What are you all upto tonight? Going out? Staying in? 

Me, for the first time since 1996 I'm not going out, going to a house party or probably even staying up to see the new year in. I must be getting old :(

But not that old, as I wait for my missus to finish work I'm sipping a nice bottle of Mescal and playing my old house records on my new turntable. 

Whatever you do, stay safe and have fun. 

UTV! 

Sat at my desk for a 12 hour shift.....with a few techy nerds who i will outrage by saying a wookie could beat a dalek in a fight.....then i'll sit back and watch the heated debate unfold.....

Rock n roll eh ?

HNY fellow VTers !

• Like 1

Staying in with family. Few beers and game of the Wii and singstar with the loser having a shot of sambuca, I can't sing as anyone who has stood next to me at the Villa will testify, so expect to be pissed way before 12 :)

Happy New Year to all my fellow VTer's!

Edited by markavfc40

No alcohol for me as on tramadol for my herniated disc! 

Just cooked a gorgeous African peanut and chicken stew (courtesy of the hairy bikers) and settling down to watch money monster with the wife. 

No doubt I will sleep through another nye! 

Happy new year to you all! 

39 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Sat at my desk for a 12 hour shift.....with a few techy nerds who i will outrage by saying a wookie could beat a dalek in a fight.....then i'll sit back and watch the heated debate unfold.....

Sit back like this I reckon...

JmDOl.gif

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Night in for me... can feel a cold coming on so staying in. Had a couple of offers but not a massive fan of NYE so i'm not bothered. 

I used to go out every NYE until I was about 30 but can't really remember a great night. Highlights included being pushed down a flight of stairs at Godskitchen (when it was at Air in Digbeth), being punched in the face at Waxy O'Connors on Broad Street and being threatened by a bloke with a broken bottle, high on E and cocaine at a house party in Hall Green when he mistakenly thought I had been sick on the sofa. It was was the guy dressed as a Roman gladiator who had been sick, not me, who was dressed as an astronaut. It was a fancy dress party before anyone asks.

Happy New Years everyone! 

Those Romans have always been lightweights. 

• Like 1

I'm on call which means my plans for the evening includes a chinese takeaway (arriving in about 10 minutes) and slouching on the sofa watching rubbish TV.  

Enjoy your night and have a great 2017 :)

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

Sat at home waiting for an Indian take away which is currently 42 minutes late, I'm half cut, the missus just put take me out on...I've turned down 4 invites for tonight cos she wanted to stay in, if she falls asleep before midnight I could be on a murder charge tomorrow

• Like 2

A couple of weeks bombing around England seeing folks has been nice.

Just got back from a foray Oop North for a wedding. Feeling fairly poisoned.

Two weeks of steady excess is enough for now, doing nothing tonight.

Enjoy 2017 Gang x

1 hour ago, Xann said:

A couple of weeks bombing around England seeing folks has been nice.

Just got back from a foray Oop North for a wedding. Feeling fairly poisoned.

Two weeks of steady excess is enough for now, doing nothing tonight.

Enjoy 2017 Gang x

How was your trip to the Land of Prince Bishops? Where did you end up staying?

9 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

How was your trip to the Land of Prince Bishops? Where did you end up staying?

Blackwell Grange - Nice - A little shabby and not in a chic way, but good.

The route between the function room and my bed could have been crawled. It didn't come to that. The bar shut :(

Took a tourist pic of your town :)

6oAiguD.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

Blackwell Grange - Nice - A little shabby and not in a chic way, but good.

The route between the function room and my bed could have been crawled. It didn't come to that. The bar shut :(

Took a tourist pic of your town :)

6oAiguD.jpg

Ah the famous Bathroom World. We go there every Saturday night. 

• Like 1

Â