Clash of Clans

bannedfromHandV

Hello peeps

Not sure if anyone plans Clash of Clans on mobile/tablet but I'm part of a clan always looking out for new members.

We're looking for English speaking ideally 18+ years old, the clan has been established for some time and we're close to being a level 10 (maximum) clan.

Regular wars, lots of donation opportunities both incoming and outgoing, good banter though I'm the only Villa fan in there so could do with some allies :)

Message me if you want in, cheers!

Haven't played Clash in over a year. Was pretty good too. Everything was one level off max at the time (including walls). Had a decent clan but then it got a bit shitty as people stopped playing, so I did too. I'd probably have to create a new game if I installed it again wouldn't I?

10 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Haven't played Clash in over a year. Was pretty good too. Everything was one level off max at the time (including walls). Had a decent clan but then it got a bit shitty as people stopped playing, so I did too. I'd probably have to create a new game if I installed it again wouldn't I?

Hmm, don't know to be honest but I doubt it, if you can remember your logins it should work?

Yep. It's pay to win.  As far as I'm aware it's as devious as **** with how it operates too as the playerbase is segmented into divisions so you can spend a lot of money to start winning regularly only to find yourself promoted to a 'division' of players who have spent more money then you have so you start losing again. 

9 hours ago, Risso said:

Is it the sort of game where you have to spend a fortune on in app purchases to get the most out of it?  I refuse to play games like that out of principle.

Not really true. Yes its a massive shortcut but if you are prepared to put the hours in it wont cost a penny.(The hours are quite easy to put in as its phone based)

Ive been playing for a few years now and have spent less than a tenner...didnt really need to do that either tbh.

23 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Shame that Dante, seems like you would have benifitted from a change of clan.

You will be able to find your game through your game centre account...pm me if you want.

Edited by Nigel

Not long started playing clash and I'm hooked. A number of lads from my work all play and we're all in a clan together! Definitely don't need to spend as long as your patient. 

I find the best bit is if you get attacked, you lose sod all really. And what you do lose is easy to regain and some! 

It's completely different to the other games... Played mobile strike for a while and that's entirely aimed at spenders. Some people I spoke to on there had spent upwards of 30K. It's absolutely insane on a game!

Defjnitely recommend clash for people with a bit of time to kill.. Particularly at work!

I remembered why I stopped playing. Storing dark elixir is a pain in the ass. Hardest to come by and when you get attacked a lose 2500 by a high level base it stings.

On 46k at the moment and grabbing 750-1000 an attack. Losing that much in 1 blow sucks. Only want to upgrade my King to 15 (11 at the moment).

On 1/16/2017 at 08:46, Dante_Lockhart said:

I remembered why I stopped playing. Storing dark elixir is a pain in the ass. Hardest to come by and when you get attacked a lose 2500 by a high level base it stings.

On 46k at the moment and grabbing 750-1000 an attack. Losing that much in 1 blow sucks. Only want to upgrade my King to 15 (11 at the moment).

Craig - there are ways, I had the same problem, check my base out - it's not the best example but if you can build a base with the dark storage in the centre it will protect it against most attacks, I'd say one in every 8 or 9 people manage to get to mine.

Also, if getting the dark is your main aim keep searching for high pools of dark to attack, there are plenty around where you can grab 3000+, you just have to keep cycling through the options to attack (which does mean throwing away a lot of gold but hey ho)

@bannedfromHandV Yeah I think I've tried to do too much. Trying to get the trophies, and build my stores for gold, elixir AND dark all together. I got to 50k dark so upping my King now to level 12. About 400k elixir off 5m so gonna use that to upgrade my wizards to level 6 since I use them the most. Gold is being spent once I get enough to upgrade a defense.

Think when my King is done and I am back hunting dark I'll concentrate on just that and build a base around protecting that, just lose the trophies that come with it.

I wouldn't fret about the tophies, they're as easily gained as they are lost, particularly now that you can build a second army additional to the active one you have (meaning you can perform more attacks in a shorter space of time).

I regularly and purposely attack with only archers and goblins (loot raiding) to keep my trophy count down as the lower down you are the less likely you'll be wiped out 100% by an attacker, I normally get to around 2400/2500 trophies and then spend an hour or so attacking with Archers/Goblins until I get back down to around 2000 trophies.

I used to play this, and like Dante_Lockhart gave up about a year ago around the time the third hero came out. I was also very high level and clan leader but lost the will to keep going with the game, as every time an update came out the top players just pulled away again as they had gems stored up from being in the top clans and immediatley maxed out all of the new updates. It also became more of a chore, than enjoyment by the end trying to save up resources for upgrades. I guess my base is probably sitting somewhere with full mines and collectors, and empty defences - a raiders dream. To be honest, I cannot be bothered to start it up again, as I have my PS4 now which offers far more entertainment.

22 hours ago, NeilS said:

I used to play this, and like Dante_Lockhart gave up about a year ago around the time the third hero came out. I was also very high level and clan leader but lost the will to keep going with the game, as every time an update came out the top players just pulled away again as they had gems stored up from being in the top clans and immediatley maxed out all of the new updates. It also became more of a chore, than enjoyment by the end trying to save up resources for upgrades. I guess my base is probably sitting somewhere with full mines and collectors, and empty defences - a raiders dream. To be honest, I cannot be bothered to start it up again, as I have my PS4 now which offers far more entertainment.

Okay pal but if you fancy a casual dip back into it feel free to IM me for the clan details, we're all around the same age (25-35) and most of us are on it for a bit of banter and the occasional war win, we have one or two who take it a little more seriously but overall it's a pretty relaxed scene (although it did kick off a bit yesterday due to a couple of peeps falling out)......

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â