Pre-match thread

One For The Road

Surely McCormack, Ayew and Adomah is a good enough front 3 to beat Cardiff. Can't see Jack starting but expect both he and Gabby to make an appearance in the 2nd half if we aren't in front. 

Losing Kodjia isn't great but with the money we have spent up front, we simply have to be able to put teams like this away, even without Johnny K.

Cardiff last beat us in 1974 (3-1 away). Since then we have played them five times (4 times at Villa Park) and have won all but one of these games (a 0-0 away draw in 2014).

We need a win having dropped 2 points against Leeds last time out. Two away wins on the trot would be a nice winning run to start. 2-1 to the Villa for me.    

11 hours ago, Nigel said:

I think we will find out if the Gabby experiment has worked now!

We will need him these next few games, if only from the bench.

The day we 'need' Flabby I stop needing to find a live visual format to watch a game. Would rather we played with 10 if honesty (and GnT) were allowed

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KSV said:

Kodjia has been declined. 

Has this been announced then? I know he was being very cagey on twitter saying the club will announce it soon. 

Smells a lot like one of those Bruce surprises where we'll find out when his name's on the team sheet later. Throw the Welsh off. 

9 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Iirc, it began when we still had Lambert as manager and as I'm sure you can remember we were losing most of our matches. This lead to many people understandably predicting we would lose by more than the odd goal or two.

So I just turned that up to 11 and started making the 85-0 nil prediction. Let's face it, with our defence at the time it probably wasn't too unrealistic ;)

And then recently I started adding a few images to it just for the lols  (and to give me something to do when I'm bored) and as I'm quite a movie fixated chap the two things often combine.

So yeah, just me **** around to add a bit of levity to the sometimes dreary life of being a Villa fan :)

I hope you know, these images are the highlight of my week and I hope they never stop. They're brill :)

• Like 3

I think it's about time we see a proper Villa thumping tonight. I'd gamble tonight, and really go 'gung-ho' against Cardiff:

Gollini

Hutton-Chester-Baker-Amavi

Jedi

Adomah-Grealish-Ayew

McCormack-Kodjia

3-0 up at half-time. 2x Ross, 1x Kodjia. Then make some defensive subs. See the game out comfortably. Adomah to score one more in the end.