limpid

Match Polls  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Frustrating. If Kodjia could consistently finish we would have about 10 more points but on the flip side, he would be a Premier League striker.

I agree. Also if Kodjia could pass to a teammate once in a while we would have a few more points too.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

I'll take that, home record still intact. Sadly, Kodjia is off for a month. Happy to see Gestede disappear if it means Rhodes arriving. Looking forward to signing a midfield, now our season will turn around and we will find second gear.

all told, could've won if Green hadn't saved from kodjia

They could have won as well easily, had far better clear cut chances

Edited by Alakagom

Just now, Jareth said:

Tough when you have GK, RB and CM all sub standard. 

I think Bruce will address all of that this window. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Adomah and McCormack turned the game when they came on. Why didn't they start. Amavi had a shocker. Chester and Baker solid as ever. Perennial villains Westwood and Hutton didn't do much wrong. Bacuna still a nothing footballer for me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

The game only came alive in the last 10 mins. We got lucky. But at least we didn't loose. Adomah motm for me

I was going to say we got lucky but I'd say a draw was a fair result, but without that penalty we could've played till New Year's Day and wouldn't have scored, so in that respect I suppose we got lucky

Still don't look like a proper team yet, but hopefully we'll get there while still being able to push for the play-offs.  It's going to be difficult, though.  Hutton is looking better defensively but things still break down too often when it's up to him to deliver the final ball.  To his credit, as we know, he tries and will continue to push up, but personally I'd still rather see Bacuna in that position.  Hopefully there's someone available in January to come in to that position but it's difficult to pick someone with enough quality up at this time of year.

Obviously we need another body in midfield.  Ideally we can pick up someone with energy who can put us on the front foot.  I hate saying it and this absolutely doesn't mean I think we'd go for him, but someone like Delph would make all the difference.

I'm also hoping that this offer for Ayew is genuine and we can get rid - I'd rather see Adomah on that side and the money can be put to use elsewhere.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'm surprised at how many votes Kodjia has for MotM, with the amount of chances he wasted. 

All strikers waste shiton of chances. At least he gets into positions to have a chance unlike our other strikers lol

Potato heads decision to start Grealish behind Kodjia and leave Adomah on the bench could come back to haunt us. Still only 9th and once the teams around us have played their game in hand we could be back in the bottom half of the league again. Simply not good enough considering how much money we have spent and how many of those players have played at Premier League level.

A point papers over the cracks, we are just not good enough this year unfortunately. 

Amavi had some horrible moments, making that £25m tag look laughable. I was surprised Bacuna didn't get pulled off, but then again Ayew was poor as well. 

Kodija is so frustrating to watch. He is erratic, unpredictable and such a dangerous player. If he had better decision making and more of a footballing brain he would be some player. Regardless of his limitations he is our best chance of getting a goal or creating something at all times. 

I actually thought Westwood had a decent enough game considering his limitations. Still would have Gardner back in for the next game though.

• Like 1

Â