Pre match thread - Leeds

Brumstopdogs

Leeds are in very good form. They're 2nd in the form table over both the last 6 games and the last 10 games. However, if you compare the two sides the gap is not so very massive: 

They've scored five more and conceded one more. Over 23 games that's a pretty small margin. I also thought we game them a decent game at their place for the first hour or so, although it was hardly a vintage performance. They're good, no question, but they can be beaten (indeed they have been, on three more occasions than we have this season) and we should be one of their hardest games of the season, especially with the last unbeaten home record in the 92. I'm going for a nervy 2-1 Villa win, though more in hope than expectation. 

This is the kind of match we really need to be winning if we're gonna get a playoff spot. Lose this and the gap starts to look a bit too big with over half the season gone. Big match, unfortunately can't make it as going away that day. We haven't been playing well enough recently and I think we're long due a loss at home. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, blunther said:

This is the kind of match we really need to be winning if we're gonna get a playoff spot. Lose this and the gap starts to look a bit too big with over half the season gone. Big match, unfortunately can't make it as going away that day. We haven't been playing well enough recently and I think we're long due a loss at home. 

Totally agree. We really do need to start beating our play off rivals  if we are going to stand any chance. Leeds are in great form but with home advantage I fancy us. 3.1 villa. Can see it being an open game which will suit us.

We've been playing badly for too long. Due a performance,  Brighton mark 2 but with a late winner for us instead. Players will step up to the plate.  

Leeds on a run but they ain't Chelsea,  nothing to fear at home if players do their jobs. 

I hope I'm wrong, because Leeds are my most hated team in all of football, but I can only see this being a defeat. And a bad one, I'm afraid. 

They've seen our weaknesses and they will exploit them ruthlessly. 

Villa 1 Leeds 4 

I'm dreading this one because Monk has got them bullying & scoring.

I'd go

Bunn

<-Elphick Chester Baker->

^   ^          ^                   ^

\  |       <- | ->                |

<- Bacuna   Jedi            Amavi

/  |       Tish                   |

Adomah      McC

|    \         / | \

<- Kodjia

/   |

• Like 1

I think the back five pick themselves all being well.

-------------------------Bunn----------------------

Hutton------Chester--------Baker---------Amavi

But beyond that, it's very interesting. 

I think if Gardner has recovered from his knock, then I'd go with:

------------Gardner--------Westwood-------------

Adomah------------Grealish----------------Ayew

----------------------Kodjia-----------------------

But it does seem a bot harsh on him drop Bacuna. 

Anyway,  bench of:

Gollini, Elphick, Jedinak, Bacuna, Gestede, McCormack, Cissokho