African Cup of Nations Impact

Djemba_Villan

Thought this was worth a thread if it's own given we are set to lose most of our best players for a month.

Who are the current unused squad players who we can realistically expect to stand in? Who do you think could be brought in temporarily/permanently to cover?

Adomah - Green?

Kodija - RHM?

Ayew - Gabby?

Gestede - Kozak?

If they don't call Adomah up that would be brilliant news!

Kodija is the major loss IMO and I can't see how we can replace him like for like in the interim as it would take anyone new time to settle anyway. We'd have to change setup to accommodate McCormack I suppose and I don't know enough about his previous club to know the sorts of players he needs around him to thrive.

Adomah staying would be excellent news, but it have a feeling he will get called up unfortunately. I don't think ayew is going to be that bad a miss. I wouldn't mind if we cashed in to be honest. If you can't even score goals at this level for 10m your not worth keeping.

22 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Yep- Kodjia is clearly the one that none of us want lose- McCormack has to be the one to get his place for me- just leave him in there and allow him to play himself into the role.

That's why I'd play McCormack today. We need him to find form. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Yep- Kodjia is clearly the one that none of us want lose- McCormack has to be the one to get his place for me- just leave him in there and allow him to play himself into the role.

you dont think Gabby could do a job ;)

3 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

Surely Mckormack is the player to come in and fill the void. 

I think we will miss adomah most funnily enough. A winger is a must in January

McCormack filling the void would be a major concern. The only thing he looks capable of filling is a carrier bag from greggs 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Which country does Kodjia and Ayew play for?

Whats the earliest we could get them back if they don't progress?

Which games will they miss for us?

Kodija is Ivory Coast and Ayew is Ghana.

The final is played Feb 5th and both teams will fancy themselves to reach it.

• Like 1

Â