AFCON 2017

sne

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I've seen a couple games, God what  poor tournament this is. The quality is probably league two standard

I am sure Burkina Faso and Guinea Bissau would still give Villa the runaround for 90 minutes

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I've seen a couple games, God what  poor tournament this is. The quality is probably league two standard

Yes from what I have seen the pitches are awful. There was a fantastic goal scored tonight. by Guinea Bissau but they lost the match in the end

Only game I've watched in full was Algeria-Zimbabwe which was the one game in this tournament that was a tremendous watch.

Hadn't heard of a single Zimbabwe player but they were brilliant and should've won...Algeria have lots of stars going forward but defensively they were really poor.

Dosen't look like a standout team in this tournament...Ivory Coast aren't anything special anymore.

7 hours ago, Infinte_Pest said:

Should be a few Villa fans in Uganda , One of the top Club teams is named after Villa-  Sports Club Villa 

Just had a look, sounds like they've been half decent at times too, training grounds called villa park, go by the nickname of the big cockerels

always wondered if there was any teams out there that we influenced (although to be fair most foreign teams influenced by brits seem to be influenced by fans working abroad)

Is anyone actually watching this tournament? Is it me or has African football actually got worse in the last decade or so? I remember the really good sides of Cameroon in 1990, Nigeria in 94, Ghana in 2010 and now there doesn't seem to be a stand out side. They are all pretty average. Except for the ones who are just total ****. 

Morocco v Ivory Coast tomorrow night. Hopefully the IC lose and go out of the tournament so Johnny K will be back for Brentford.

It's certainly possible.

Edited by One For The Road

teams have become a lot more tactical in the last 10-12 years or so and dont play with a freedom anymore. Go with the fact most midfields are full of athletes and no playmakers doesnt help thing

John Obi Mikel is consistently one of the best playmakers in these tournaments which says it all

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Codger doesn't seem to be playing tonight, and I didn't see him on the subs list...:blink:

He's on the bench.

For anyone interested or suffering from insomnia the game is live right now on Eurosport, channel 410 on Sky.

Edited by imavillan

Â