Sports Personality of the Year 2016

darrenm

Who do we reckon will win?

Who should win?

Nominees:

Nicola Adams (Boxing), Gareth Bale (Football), Alistair Brownlee (Triathlon), Sophie Christiansen (Equestrian), Kadeena Cox (Athletics/Cycling), Mo Farah (Athletics), Jason Kenny (Cycling), Laura Kenny [nee Trott] (Cycling), Andy Murray (Tennis), Adam Peaty (Swimming), Kate Richardson-Walsh (Hockey), Nick Skelton (Equestrian), Dame Sarah Storey (Cycling), Jamie Vardy (Football), Max Whitlock (Gymnastics), Danny Willett (Golf)

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Surely its got to be Andy Murray?

You'd think so but he's won it before and it's a strong lineup this year. 

I want Brownlee to win and I think he's got a good shout.

25 minutes ago, jon_c said:

If Jamie Vardy were to win the British public should never be allowed to vote on anything again, ever. 

I don't think he's a bad shout, to be honest, as one of the storngest performers in perhaps the greatest tale of the underdog in the nation's favourite sport.

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm still none the wiser what this award is for, is it personality or achievement? Is it a average of the 2?

Amazed after all this time the BBC haven't just changed the name....suppose there's just too much history with the title.

Anyway well deserved for Murray....would've been better TV though if they'd asked one of the scantily clad sunbathers behind Murray to present him the trophy. :D

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I'm still none the wiser what this award is for, is it personality or achievement? Is it a average of the 2?

You know how some words are abbreviated forms of other words? Like how 'advert' is short for 'advertisement'? Well, this is kind of the opposite, and 'personality' is a pointless lengthening of the word 'person'. 

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Shame on the voters for Mo Farah not getting in the top 3. What more has he got to do.

The concern with Mo Farah is that whatever you award him just increases what he has to give back later :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

You know how some words are abbreviated forms of other words? Like how 'advert' is short for 'advertisement'? Well, this is kind of the opposite, and 'personality' is a pointless lengthening of the word 'person'. 

The concern with Mo Farah is that whatever you award him just increases what he has to give back later :ph34r:

Tennis is not without that problem as well.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Did Mo not get in the top 3 in 2012?

Was really surprised neither of the Kennys were in the top 3.

Yes but he is without doubt our greatest ever track and field athlete. Nobody has done what he has done! This was his last chance. Not saying Murray didn't deserve it this year but last year he won it yet didn't win a slam. Just such a shame that Mo isn't recognised by the British public.

Farah's achievements will never ever be done again.

Edited by PaulC

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

No indeed. But if you asked me to stake my reputation on one of them, well . . . it wouldn't be Mo Farah, that's for **** sure. 

No I'd stick with the guy that voted for Scotland's independence.

Â