Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, robby b said:

Oops, just realised the word no-one contains a hyphen :)  (curse those sly hyphens !) or can be two seperate words: no one. Anyway, no team has scored more than four against Burton in the league this season, and we haven't exactly been prolific scorers so I predict that on Monday we'll score one or two or... zero ! (Boo).

Have a bit of faith, 3-1 Villa, Kodjia x2 and Grealish

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Will this be the 4th highest attendance in the country on boxing day?

The atmosphere will make this aa cup final for Burton, we're going to have to be right on our game. I see us winning 1-0, possibly 2-0.

Likely to be either 4th or 5th, close between us and Chelsea for 4th. Theoretically we have the higher capacity so if it's sold out and everyone shows up then we should be 4th highest attendance in the country. Very impressive given our current position and recent history. 

Edited by dnmacf

3 hours ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Just done a ticket count for the Burton match. Tickets still available are: Doug Ellis = 17, Holte End = 3, North Stand = 24, Trinity = 181. Total tickets available = 225

We are Villa

The best

VTID

If we get an early breakthrough can see this being our biggest win of the season so far. My concern is that a big crowd means a tetchy crowd and that will filter through to the pitch. If we don't hit the ground running it could be a disappointing afternoon.

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Just done a ticket count for the Burton match. Tickets still available are: Doug Ellis = 17, Holte End = 3, North Stand = 24, Trinity = 181. Total tickets available = 225

Mind you the ticket things in the ticket office I always doubt if its 100% accurate. And take into account Burton have not sold out their allocation. Still it should be at least over 40,000 which is a great effort.

Another point- since when did Villa have restricted views? We don't have any pillars in any stands?

Edited by The Fun Factory

Genuine question: is there an amount that classes as 'sold out' because there must always be a few tickets left...? Would 225 out of 40k be classed as sold out? Either way that's great, a full house at VP is a thing to behold. 

Edited by alreadyexists

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Genuine question: is there an amount that classes as 'sold out' because there must always be a few tickets left...? Would 225 out of 40k be classed as sold out? Either way that's great, a full house at VP is a thing to behold. 

I guess if it is in the away end and the away team have already bought the tickets and are left unsold, that is counted as sold tickets? Not sure tbh.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I guess if it is in the away end and the away team have already bought the tickets and are left unsold, that is counted as sold tickets? Not sure tbh.

It's a minor detail, but in the EFL the away club doesn't buy tickets, they sell tickets to their supporters on behalf of the home club. Any unsold are then returned to the home club, so they don't count as sold.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Mind you the ticket things in the ticket office I always doubt if its 100% accurate. And take into account Burton have not sold out their allocation. Still it should be at least over 40,000 which is a great effort.

Another point- since when did Villa have restricted views? We don't have any pillars in any stands?

You get restricted views on the first couple of rows in the North Stand Lower as you are at pitch level

23 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

We don't have any pillars in any stands

There are pillars in the Witton Lane upper, towards the back. Dunno if they restrict the view of the playing area, as I refuse to go in that stand. Also there's no seats placed next to most of them, presumably because of the pillars.Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 17.24.03.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, blandy said:

There are pillars in the Witton Lane upper, towards the back. Dunno if they restrict the view of the playing area, as I refuse to go in that stand. Also there's no seats placed next to most of them, presumably because of the pillars.Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 17.24.03.jpg

I stand corrected. Still it's not Bullens Road style though is it?