Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

I reckon if we can get an early goal this could be 3/4-0.

Burton surprised me by how many goals they've scored this season, last season in league one they were really defensive and barely score more than 1 a game.

It's a long season though and they're now finding the championship a struggle after a bright start which isn't surprising when you consider how tiny a club they are.

The team sheet will be interesting for this one. We play again, three days later, against Leeds, which is clearly the more challenging game, and then four days after that away at Cardiff. Some of the players in the squad presumably can't play all of that - Baker springs to mind - so there will have to be some rotation you would think. We have to be careful though, because Burton can give teams a game, and they probably won't rest anyone. Lloyd Dyer looks like a constant nuisance. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The team sheet will be interesting for this one. We play again, three days later, against Leeds, which is clearly the more challenging game, and then four days after that away at Cardiff. Some of the players in the squad presumably can't play all of that - Baker springs to mind - so there will have to be some rotation you would think. We have to be careful though, because Burton can give teams a game, and they probably won't rest anyone. Lloyd Dyer looks like a constant nuisance. 

Grealish will certainly come back into start as SB likes playing him in home games. Would've said Ayew aswell but he's just not playing well atm.

This will be our first ever game against Burton so we are looking to come out of it with a 100% win record against them. They along with their fans will look upon this fixture as their (or at least one) of their Cup Finals this season. Another win at Villa Park will see us move into the top half of the table and nearer a top 6 place. They will be up for it but so should we be. A Christmas Cracker and a 4-1 home win would be very nice indeed.    

• Like 2

Pleased to see that SB was able to use the squad last game in order to change the first 11 (and their attitude) and it got us a win. With the same set of tools at his disposal and knowing which players he can rely on I think we will see a team that is more than capable of beating Burton, and we will get the three points. 

• Like 1

A win this round could be very good for us.  Of the teams immediately above us, Barnsley have an easy game v Blackburn, but otherwise PNE have Leeds, Norwich away at Reading, Fulham at Ipswich and Bluenoses at Derby.  Could see us up to 8th/9th.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, rubberman said:

A win this round could be very good for us.  Of the teams immediately above us, Barnsley have an easy game v Blackburn, but otherwise PNE have Leeds, Norwich away at Reading, Fulham at Ipswich and Bluenoses at Derby.  Could see us up to 8th/9th.

As long as we win we'll go ahead of small heath (at least for a day) by goal difference 

2016 has probably been the worst year in our history so it would be nice to end it strongly over the last few games 

• Like 1

Gollini

Hutton      Chester     Baker     Amavi

Bacuna   Jedinak   McCormack

Adomah                                  Grealish

Kodjia

• Like 3

I think some round here are taking these a bit too light hearted!

No matter their size they are keeping their heads above water, lets not aid them in this shall we.

Talking about logging up a good score is taking the piss

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nigel said:

I think some round here are taking these a bit too light hearted!

No matter their size they are keeping their heads above water, lets not aid them in this shall we.

Talking about logging up a good score is taking the piss

Completely agree. You only have to think of the Wigan game to see what can happen when a well organised side come to VP and put 11 men behind the ball. We got away with it that day thanks to a one in million strike from Jack but make no mistake, this could be tough.

I still fancy us to nick it but talk of 4 or 5 goals is, in my view, both patronising and misplaced. 

• Like 2