Ratings and Reactions: QPR v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

3 points away in December...this is when we'd normally start collapsing. McCormack is a real concern, he doesn't seem to do anything of real value. Looks like wasted money. Splash the cash, Tony!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

Baker won everything.

He was man of the match for me and what was so poor about us?*

They hardly threatened. We just need to be more clinical but apart from that, a professional away win, the type Mourinho would be lauded for. 

*I mean on here in general not your post of course :)

Edited by Slanes73
  • Like 2

Terrible reffing... sounded like good support from our lot... Baker for England... Super Kodge... Bunn with the icing.

Happy Christmas all - a wonderful 3 point bonanza down at La Rue Loftus. Results still feel like a 'relief' instead of fully deserved through performance. We're getting points, but it's like an ordeal every time. I have to hope that the performances will come, especially from January onwards when Mr Bruce has had the chance to emboss the squad with some of his own picks. Hopefully we can do business early... I don't want to sweat on this until the end of January.

Credit to Bunn, slated him before the game and still think he is a liability but what he had to do, he did well. Plus he didn't get caught in the net which is a bonus.

Baker and Chester were very impressive. Always in the right place.

Amavi had a decent game defensively but looked a bit tentative going forward. The overlapping in general was very poor but I think that's more to do with the lack of mobility from a midfield two who were never going to get over in time to cover.

Kodjia is a goalscorer. He needs to be in or around the box more often instead of fannying about on the wings taking up the space that our wingers or wingbacks should be occupying.

Thought Gabby did more in his short space of time than McCormack did in the whole game and way more than he did against Norwich. Last 20 minutes is his time.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Positives:

3 points

Defence looked solid and have been on the whole for most of the season

Since Bruce came in we haven't looked as nervous towards the end of games or conceded late goals

Negatives:

Standard of football is atrocious, can't play more than 4 passes before playing a long ball up the field.

Still no identity about our team, players look like strangers more often than not and signing more in Jan isn't going to help this.

Gabby is terrible and McCormack just isn't working for us, we are screwed during the ACON.

In summary:

Bruce is doing a good job with what he has to work with and you would hope our overall play can only improve with the confidence of winning games and more game time for the players. Not a chance we are going up this season and rightly so, we need to build something first otherwise it will be a beating every week back in the prem and we are right back to square one again.

• Like 1

Was at the game yesterday, very happy with the result! I must say, our Midfield is truely awful at being physical (excluding Jedinak)...i swear Adomah was playing CM at various points in the second half. Reinforcements needed ASAP. 

I also thought that we don't seem to play balls infront of our wingers often, they always seem to get the ball with their back to goal..just a thought.

Edited by carewjust4u

On 18/12/2016 at 14:02, KJT123 said:

Second half we played better, more urgency. Baker comes back in to the side, another clean sheet. Him and Chester are solid.

with you on baker , many years ago i posted somewhere he was our best CB , to much derision .

when listening to /watching the games , ive lost count of the times they say " cleared away by baker"

weve had our best results when he's played , and bruce is clearly very impressed with him , to leave elphick out , so full marks to bruce also.

he could still play for england , jagielka and  cahill  are not that good .

On 19/12/2016 at 13:05, AVFCDAN said:

Positives:

3 points

Defence looked solid and have been on the whole for most of the season

Since Bruce came in we haven't looked as nervous towards the end of games or conceded late goals

Negatives:

Standard of football is atrocious, can't play more than 4 passes before playing a long ball up the field.

Still no identity about our team, players look like strangers more often than not and signing more in Jan isn't going to help this.

Gabby is terrible and McCormack just isn't working for us, we are screwed during the ACON.

In summary:

Bruce is doing a good job with what he has to work with and you would hope our overall play can only improve with the confidence of winning games and more game time for the players. Not a chance we are going up this season and rightly so, we need to build something first otherwise it will be a beating every week back in the prem and we are right back to square one again.

mostly agree , we dont do much football , kodjia , adohma and aywe are just individuals .

i am hoping agbon will get fitter and do a useful job in january , mcormack doesnt look up for it , baker and chester immense. 

Â