limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't understand the criticism in the match thread. There was only one team going to win this game. We had numerous chances,  players missed open goals and penalties,  their keeper made numerous saves some of which were really excellent.  We could easily have won by more goals. 

Kept a clean sheet and they were not really troubling us for most of the game. 

The ref gave us literally nothing,  we were fouled so many times around the box we might have scored a free kick or they might have had a player sent off if the game was reffed properly. 

Won a game away from home.  Job done. 

Things will get better when Bruce is given the opportunity to fix our criminal midfield problem. 

also january isnt far off.we could have a new midfield

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Call me crazy but I think if Kodjia had scored that penalty we probably would've ended up drawing/losing.

You crazy man

I don't often moan about refs as its a difficult job, but crikey he was poor today.

When he gave the pen, he was trying to take the red card out of his back pocket but couldn't get it out so decided not to give it to save himself from embarrassment. It was never a sending off anyway.

The shirt pull on Jedinak was a blatant penalty right in front of him, there were 2 clear fouls on Kodija too.

QPR have a case for a penalty too, and some of the decisions should have clearly gone their way. He was just poor full stop.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Great work Stevie and his boys. 

Bunn gets MOTM from me just because Villatalkers were so vile about him pre-match. He didn't put a glove wrong.

From me too. And I am one of them.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Great work Stevie and his boys. 

Bunn gets MOTM from me just because Villatalkers were so vile about him pre-match. He didn't put a glove wrong.

I was hugely skeptical about Bunn and I apologise if I went a bit awry with the "bread" puns.  The guy did good.  

Let's hope Elphick never has to play again - Baker is an absolute rock.

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How was it 'very very poor'? We kept a clean sheet, won the game (away from home, on TV) and were never under massive pressure. 

I'll never understand comments like this. You leave yourself no room at all to describe a performance that actually is really bad, like Norwich. 

I agree.

Also another point here: I can't help but feel like a lot of the people who insist that a performance in a win away from home is dreadful would never in a million years dream of describing a defeat as very very good, no matter how good the performance.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I agree.

Also another point here: I can't help but feel like a lot of the people who insist that a performance in a win away from home is dreadful would never in a million years dream of describing a defeat as very very good, no matter how good the performance.

They would never, ever do that, no. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

Baker won everything.

Except man of the match.

Outstanding performance from him. Partnership with Chester is really good.

I love how Baker doesn't hoof it either, always looks for a pass even when he's under pressure. Really coming of age this season.

• Like 2

Â