Match Thread: QPR v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Gardner is shit. But did you watch Norwich? It's always worth being pleased when Westwood isn't playing. 

It was shit, but he's still the better player. As someone who has supported him a lot before, on current form i'd prefer neither were playing.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Gardner is shit. But did you watch Norwich? It's always worth being pleased when Westwood isn't playing. 

I don't get this. Westwood can't tackle, but Gardner can't tackle OR pass. Westwood gets a lot of stick for prizing possession over attacking play, but at least he does retain possession rather than giving the ball away near constantly.

• Like 2

Just now, a m ole said:

It was shit, but he's still the better player. As someone who has supported him a lot before, on current form i'd prefer neither were playing.

So would I. But if you, someone who has supported him a lot, don't want him to play surely you can see why people would be pleased he's not playing. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

For the 3rd time in as many years we seem to have built a squad that can't do **** basic things right. 

Roberto Di Matteo, a man who earns millions as a football manager, literally thought that this midfield was good enough to go into a season with.

Just process that for a moment.

• Like 1

Just now, Villanun said:

I don't get this. Westwood can't tackle, but Gardner can't tackle OR pass. Westwood gets a lot of stick for prizing possession over attacking play, but at least he does retain possession rather than giving the ball away near constantly.

Westwood barely touches the ball to have his possession retaining used as a quality. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

So would I. But if you, someone who has supported him a lot, don't want him to play surely you can see why people would be pleased he's not playing. 

im commenting on the delight in the prematch thread, as in how can you be delighted when this is the other option? 

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Gardner, Jedinak and Bacuna are 3 of the worst passers of a football I have ever seen and they're all playing at the same time. Why Brucie?

Couldnt even pass wind in the right direction.

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

Roberto Di Matteo, a man who earns millions as a football manager, literally thought that this midfield was good enough to go into a season with.

Just process that for a moment.

Even more puzzling when he was a damn good midfielder himself and still couldn't spot the obvious weakness.