PDC World Darts Championship 2017

Brumerican

Starts tomorrow night, which for me, is the true beginning of Christmas !

I know there are a handful of darts fans on here so feel free to talk arras for the next few weeks .

I have put £50 e/w on Lewis @ 33/1 which is a ridiculous price IMO . How on earth Taylor is 9/1 is beyond me. 

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 2

I love the darts although until the last couple of weeks hadn’t had sky sports for a couple of years so haven’t kept up with the PDC as much over that time other than watching the tournaments ITV show.

I will be watching this though. Van Gerwin has to be heavily fancied but on their day Taylor, Wade, Lewis, Anderson are still more than capable of winning this. I also wouldn’t rule out Van Barneveld if he can keep his head despite his drop off over the last couple of years.

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I love the darts although until the last couple of weeks hadn’t had sky sports for a couple of years so haven’t kept up with the PDC as much over that time other than watching the tournaments ITV show.

I will be watching this though. Van Gerwin has to be heavily fancied but on their day Taylor, Wade, Lewis, Anderson are still more than capable of winning this. I also wouldn’t rule out Van Barneveld if he can keep his head despite his drop off over the last couple of years.

I have had small e/w bets on all those listed bar MVG (who is unbackable at that price ) and Taylor (Who I just don't see winning this ever again)

Michael Smith has more chance of winning this than Taylor IMO and he is 100-1 !

30 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Michael Smith has more chance of winning this than Taylor IMO and he is 100-1 !

Has Taylor really dropped off that much that you think he has no chance? Like I said I haven’t really kept that close an eye on it over last couple of years.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Has Taylor really dropped off that much that you think he has no chance? Like I said I haven’t really kept that close an eye on it over last couple of years.

Yeah his eyes are going and there are too many better players around now.  I'd be surprised if he got past the QF's. 

19 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Yeah his eyes are going and there are too many better players around now.  I'd be surprised if he got past the QF's. 

In fairness he is 56 and has done well to remain at the top for so long.  I have just looked at the rankings and he is still 4th so can’t have had that bad a year. Peter Wright is 3rd but I am not sure he could handle the pressure to get further than a semi final.  

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

In fairness he is 56 and has done well to remain at the top for so long.  I have just looked at the rankings and he is still 4th so can’t have had that bad a year. Peter Wright is 3rd but I am not sure he could handle the pressure to get further than a semi final.  

Don't get me wong, even now he is still better than 90% of the players but I just don't see him having the stamina for such a long format anymore . He still has a great average, and is obviously mentally tough , but he is nowhere near the force of old . He's an underdog with upside these days . 

• Like 1

Wright is the only outsider bet worth taking imo. He will be thereabouts but probably wouldn't beat MVG.

Im more interested in the daily bets than an outright. Painter and Smith double for me tonight.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I think he has beaten MvG 4 of the last 5 times they have played. I would never count him out of winning it.

7 hours ago, Brumerican said:

He looked superb in the recent Champions League of Darts in September. Destroyed the opposition 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Champions_League_of_Darts

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

He looked superb in the recent Champions League of Darts in September. Destroyed the opposition 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Champions_League_of_Darts

He also lost to Corey Cadby just before that. . If he were to make the final I think it would be his most impressive tournament ever . He's 56 and everyone else has improved considerably.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he went out before the QF's 

I hope Gary Anderson makes it 3 in a row to be honest . He's a class act .

Taylor on his day can still beat anyone but he's not consistent enough to reach the semis/finals anymore. Having said that you can get 10/1 on betfair which is very good really, odds don't lie very often though.

just waiting on smith now for tonight's double. Painter was awful but he got the job done at least.

The Ricky Evans Michael Smith game last night was the pick of the bunch and the Evans 180 in 2.16 seconds for all three darts to be thrown was a bit special.

Also I didn’t realise until last night that the guy who presents the darts on Sky Sports, Dave Clark, has had Parkinson’s for the last five years.

49 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The Ricky Evans Michael Smith game last night was the pick of the bunch and the Evans 180 in 2.16 seconds for all three darts to be thrown was a bit special.

Also I didn’t realise until last night that the guy who presents the darts on Sky Sports, Dave Clark, has had Parkinson’s for the last five years.

Read some of his recent interviews online where he discusses it . He's a top , top fella Dave Clark,

As for Ricky Evans , I think his blistering speed is probably a big weakness at times . He doesn't give himself time to readjust if his first dart is crap.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hogso said:

Fell asleep with Smith / Evans at 1-1, who won?

Smith .

I think Frosty the Throwman needs to change his name to Frosty Jack for Breakfast because that dude was clearly pissed up to the eyeballs.

It was cringeworthy.

Â