• Grealish
    • Agbonlahor
    • Atew
    • Kodjia
    • Adomah (Agbonlahor 73)
    • McCormack (Grealish 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

looked like a penalty at the end but Championship refs are dreadful.

we didn't deserve anything though, that performance was diabolical

Gollini: 5 - Not sure if he could have done anything for the goal, but he always looks like he has a mistake in him per game
Hutton: 5 - Too easily beaten and although he charges forward he never comes up with a meaningful pass or cross ever
Elphick: 4 - Looks like a poor signing
Chester: 6 - Solid but surrounded by muppets
Amavi: 6 - Did superbly at times but faded
Jed: 4 - No point in keep winning the ball back superbly if you then just pass it straight back to the opposition
Westwood: 3 - Heard his name mention twice, anonymous
Grealish: 5 - Didn't know who to pass to and never tried to get into the box
Ayew: 4 - Continues to baffle and frustrate
Kodjia: 3 - Worst game in a Villa shirt, utterly dreadful
Gabby: 3 - Charges around like a headless chicken, can't control the ball, has no technique anymore

Subs: Adomah, McCormack, Gestede: - Only McCormack (5) contributed anything of note and should have won a penalty.

Bruce: 2 - Picking Gabby and Westwood is one thing, waiting so late in the game to make changes is unacceptable. Recent performances have been terrible and he needs to decide who his best attack are, as the ones picked today didn't look like they had ever played together.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

'Atew' MoM only because he doesn't exist and didn't play.

The most disappointing thing about that was the familiar inevitability of it all, we looked just as hopeless as last year.

No fluidity, loose passing, totally outplayed and beaten by a team on a shit run. Major surgery STILL needed. So bloody depressing.

• Like 1

Grealish's best attribute is his ability to run at people with the ball at his feet. Seemed like every time he had a chance to take someone on, he'd pass the ball, sometimes to nobody at all.

• Like 2

As bad as anything I've seen.  Painfully obvious needs more control in midfield.  Why no adomah? Why abgonlahor? Why Hutton at all?  I'd rather play with ten men, he has zero ability on the ball. Westwood back to his anonymous best!

Kodjia and Ayew were shite, trying to do too much and losing the ball.  

We are going nowhere near the playoffs, and we would be humiliated by anyone in a final.

Bruce is going to have to show his worth in the transfer market, there is literally nobody that I couldn't justify selling.  

• Like 2

Just now, maqroll said:

Grealish's best attribute is his ability to run at people with the ball at his feet. Seemed like every time he had a chance to take someone on, he'd pass the ball, sometimes to nobody at all.

The pass to nobody was the preferred option by all our players apart from Amavi it seems. Just riddled with basic mistakes all game, poor first touches, poor passes, poor awareness. Just doing the ABC's wrong, not getting it under control leading to being under pressure for no reason and then giving it away. Or worse and just as often just giving it away under no pressure whatsoever. We could have Ronaldo, Messi and Higuain up front but what's the point if you can't pass the ball to them, or keep the ball for ore than 2 consecutive passes to bring them in to the game?

For the first time in a while I'm absolutely livid with that defeat, just shocked at what I've just seen. That Norwich side isn't anything special at all and we've allowed them to stroll through the game without breaking a sweat. 

Right up there with the very worst performances I've seen. 

• Like 4

Very poor from Bruce today and whole team. Fair dues he apologised to fans in post match interview but he needs to settle on his team and stop with the resurrection of Gabby, it's not working. 

Although frustrating with his passing Jedinek looked like the only player in centre of the park at least trying to play, was essentially doing the job of 3 midfielders the entire game! 

Edited by honest_bertie
  • Like 1

Â