• Adomah
    • Grealish
    • Ayew
    • Kodjia
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We were good for the first 10 and the last 20 minutes of the game. In between was turgid!

Amavi was excellent today, MOTM for me.  He was our best attacking outlet for 87 minutes and was pretty decent at the back...although this in itself was a gimme considering just how poor wigan were.

My seat is right behind the angle in which Jacks goal went, truly superb, done nowhere near enough justice on that highlight. It would have been a crying shame if that had not been the winner.

Finally Ayew was woeful; A passenger all game today who couldn't hold onto the ball; Needs to be an impact player from the bench for me!

But 3 points is 3 points and its amazing how that goal will change the perception of the game.

Yeah agreed. Amavi was outstanding today, missed the goal due to being soaked and bored but thought the holte was collapsing when it went in. I liked Bruce's substitutions btw, shows he isn't scared to go for it but Wigan were an abortion which, added to the horrendous weather, didn't help for us in the stands, I'll take 28 or so boring 1-0s like that all season long! "3 points aren't as important as the performance!" Smh, really ? Enjoy your soggy piss chips! FFS.

11 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Yeah agreed. Amavi was outstanding today, missed the goal due to being soaked and bored but thought the holte was collapsing when it went in. I liked Bruce's substitutions btw, shows he isn't scared to go for it but Wigan were an abortion which, added to the horrendous weather, didn't help for us in the stands, I'll take 28 or so boring 1-0s like that all season long! "3 points aren't as important as the performance!" Smh, really ? Enjoy your soggy piss chips! FFS.

TBH Id thought he'd lost the plot with his subs!  Wigan had smothered our midfield an hour before Bruce weakened it by taking off Gardner.

This gave Wigan more of the ball and resulted in their only real chance of the game.

However....we won the game....and this has to point to the fact that he was right!

Glad Im not a manager.

The game was poor but I don't think we were that bad.

We were all over them for 15 minutes and then Wigan visibly made the decision they were only interested in a point and from that point played 11 men behind the ball constantly.

We struggled to break them down, understandably, and conditions didn't help.

Yet we were still easily the better team and we ended up winning with a beautiful goal.

So yeah, crap game, but an OK showing from us.

• Like 4

Great goal, Grealish, Jedinak and Amavi excellent, Hutton was good, the game was flat and we lacked a bot of something through the middle. Adomah disappointed today, but he's a trier and he'll be back. Wet, largely miserable with a magic finish. We're becoming a team that finds a way to win.

Poor game as Wigan came to contain us and we struggled to break them down - the 3 points are the main thing though and a great winner from grealish

ayew really is lucky to be starting in this team in my opinion - needs to up his game massively .

25 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Earlier in the season we'd have drawn that. The fact that we're winning these games with the same players is important.

In touching distance of the playoffs now with January around the corner. Get it right and we'll sneak into the playoffs.

Think we will more than sneak into the play offs - if we had won last week we would be 5th place now and we haven't really hit top form yet - the window will benefit us and give Bruce a chance to improve things 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

"It isn't about 3 points"

**** me what utter drivel :crylaugh:

Couldn't agree more with this. What's football about then if it's not 3 points? It really seems there is a moan for moanings sake culture at this club!

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Sorry to piss on a few chip dinners but the performance was very very poor and it is not about three points. We need to be performing better , much better 

That is literally all league football is about my friend. 

4 wins on the bounce at home. Remarkable. 

• Like 4

I don't think I have ever seen a team as "there for the taking" as Wigan today.  Not to have won this game would have been an atrocity. 

I think our awful awful midfield means that until January we can forget about it "clicking" and us giving someone a stuffing. There is just not enough creativity and craft in the team to ever put loads of goals past someone. 

Like today it's generally a moment of brilliance or an error which results in us scoring. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That is literally all league football is about my friend. 

4 wins on the bounce at home. Remarkable. 

Considering the woeful home record we had leading up to this it is quite remarkable.....we couldn't buy a win at home.

even under Mon our home record was iffy.

i understand the feeling of the performance....but first things first....we are WIP.

Â