Trinity Road Upper, Open Boxing day

Guest av1

20 hours ago, ender4 said:

So the attendance was under 42k in the end?  Is that right?

where did the unsold tickets come from?

That's what I want to know. If attendance is tickets SOLD and it was a sell out then how was the attendance not over 42k? Have we reduced our capacity to 41.5k?

17 hours ago, One For The Road said:

That's what I want to know. If attendance is tickets SOLD and it was a sell out then how was the attendance not over 42k? Have we reduced our capacity to 41.5k?

My guess is that a lot of the executive boxes were not sold out as businesses tend not to be operating on boxing day. Also, there are always 2 attendance figures known, people in the ground and tickets sold.  Maybe for once they announced the second, rather than first?

On 27/12/2016 at 13:31, One For The Road said:

There was a block of seats in the bottom of the Holte which it seems we now no longer sell as it is slightly restricted views. I didn't think the view is that bad from that area of the ground.  Alternatively we could sell them at a £5-10 discount due to the restriction.

That was probably about 400 seats, and the rest probably came from Burton not selling their allocation.

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

There was a block of seats in the bottom of the Holte which it seems we now no longer sell as it is slightly restricted views. ...That was probably about 400 seats..

Most of the 117, in L1 (see pic.).  As I said above, I suspect executive boxes, plus segregation and maybe for once announcing people in the ground, rather than sold tickets is the reason. Could be wrong mind.

villapark_seating.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

Most of the 117, in L1 (see pic.).  As I said above, I suspect executive boxes, plus segregation and maybe for once announcing people in the ground, rather than sold tickets is the reason. Could be wrong mind.

villapark_seating.jpg

That map is a little out of date mate. I think at least officially the capacity is 42,785. I think this went up due to less segregation when we moved the away fans out of the lower north. We also now do not have North Stand Superbox- RIP.  If we replicated the Trinity and Holte for the other half of the stadium it would be a massive 50,000 stadium. Then again it was just Witton land and North Stand x 2 we would be at about 32,000. Stat attack!

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

That map is a little out of date mate.

Oh aye, it's maybe 8 or 9 year's old, I think. But it showed the seat numbers in L1, so served the purpose better than the one on the ticket office site. 

Â