Trinity Road Upper, Open Boxing day

Guest av1

13 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

200 tickets left with no away fans? I don't believe we'll get a 42k attendance. I'll be happy to back big money against it. 

I know at times I have logged on VP ticketing to find very few  seats available - then when arriving at match the seat that were unavailable are empty.

Not sure its a reliable indicator of seats sold TBH .  

Edited by hippo

13 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

200 tickets left with no away fans? I don't believe we'll get a 42k attendance. I'll be happy to back big money against it. 

37.5k sold as of saturday with burton having sold 2.2k , maximum of just over 40k , so i would agree

2 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

37.5k sold as of saturday with burton having sold 2.2k , maximum of just over 40k , so i would agree

What is Burtons allocation £3k ? - so your looking at an attendance of 41,200 ? 

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 23:05, NottingVilla said:

Email me I will take your bet

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Looks like there is around a hundred tickets left and most of those single seats. That is great support given that we are currently mid table in the Championship and playing Burton.

I wish Small Heath could have been at home as well with 17k, that would have forever put them in their place.

Mind you, any time any of them ever say anything about fan base we can tell them to come back when they get 42k for a game with Burton.

• Like 2

On 20/12/2016 at 23:05, NottingVilla said:

Our capacity is 42,785. There's 4 days to go and we've a handful of tickets left. We will definitely sell our lot.

I believe, though I might be wrong, that if Burton take 3,000 tickets that counts as 3,000 tickets sold even if they don't sell their lot. They buy the tickets from us regardless. 

Even if that's incorrect and they don't sell any more, it will be 42k. Which is incredible. 

On 19/12/2016 at 21:28, Wainy316 said:

I just can't see where a 10k jump in fans is coming from.  If anything I'd have thought people would be less likely to be able to go (me for one).

Regardless it's still encouraging and it would be nice to see a regular boost in home attendances.  We should be getting 38k every game imo.

I wonder if there's a bit of an increase in numbers from people like me living abroad and returning home for the holidays. (I always did the same as a student down in Plymouth and I bet a lot of students come back from college/uni too around this time) If I'm back home at xmas I'll always take in a game if the dates work out and the last one I managed was the dreadful 0-0 vs Sunderland taking my daughter and 2 nephews to their first match and my sis (so that's 5 extra people that wouldn't normally go- I can imagine that happens quite a lot)

Sadly though, I've not seen us win at Villa Park for years (2008 when we beat Spure 2-1!) and have witnessed such games since like our 4-0 defeat at home to Spurs when Bale grabbed 3 and Wigan where we lost 3-0. (I think in between was when we got thrashed away at Chelsea on Sky). I managed to see us draw 1-1 with United when Benteke scored that cracker with his left foot. I've also seen us lose away 4-0 to Man City in that time and 3-0 to Arsenal when Fabregas came on as a sub and scored 2 goals then got subbed off.

The good news for you lot is that I land late on Boxing Day so will miss the Burton game which as a result I think we'll surely win, but you might want to think about staying away for the game vs Leeds as I'll be there, hoping to see us win live for the first time in 8 years!  Wish me luck! (8 is my lucky number though)

Anyway, merry xmas fellow Villa fans, UTV!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I might be wrong, that if Burton take 3,000 tickets that counts as 3,000 tickets sold even if they don't sell their lot. They buy the tickets from us regardless. 

Even if that's incorrect....

It is incorrect. In the EFL away tickets are sale or return. Rule 34 section 2, if you're interested 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I got my tickets yesterday and was surprised to see many of the blocks in the Holte, particularly the upper had seats available.

They must have had some returns then. I checked a few days ago and all but one block in the upper Holte was completely sold out.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

They must have had some returns then. I checked a few days ago and all but one block in the upper Holte was completely sold out.

How strange. I was surprised to be honest. I was expecting to find out that they were already reserved.

On 19/12/2016 at 21:28, Wainy316 said:

I just can't see where a 10k jump in fans is coming from.  If anything I'd have thought people would be less likely to be able to go (me for one).

Regardless it's still encouraging and it would be nice to see a regular boost in home attendances.  We should be getting 38k every game imo.

Problem in the last 10 years is we've always seemed to play at home on Boxing day at stupid times. I can remember Spurs and Everton home games we played at half 5 ffs.

Last season we played West Ham at home at 3pm and pulled in 38k I think....for a team at that point pretty much everyone knew would get relegated.

It's Boxing day, the ticket prices are cheap and Burton's a bit of a novelty fixture so I'm not shocked we'll be getting a good crowd for this.

Â