Trinity Road Upper, Open Boxing day

Guest av1

21 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Our capacity is 42,785. There's 4 days to go and we've a handful of tickets left. We will definitely sell our lot.

I believe, though I might be wrong, that if Burton take 3,000 tickets that counts as 3,000 tickets sold even if they don't sell their lot. They buy the tickets from us regardless. 

Even if that's incorrect and they don't sell any more, it will be 42k. Which is incredible. 

Away allocation for teams in the prem was 2.8k and there were some restrictions on that e.g. the odd seat unsold due to persistent standing.

We've also put more netting and segregation in the corner this season aswell.

Safe to say though it will be something over 40k.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Away allocation for teams in the prem was 2.8k and there were some restrictions on that e.g. the odd seat unsold due to persistent standing.

We've also put more netting and segregation in the corner this season aswell.

Safe to say though it will be something over 40k.

We've sold out and the last I heard they had sold 2,200 of 2,800. So, 42,100+

I checked Burton's website and they were reporting 2200 sold on Monday.  I'm guessing they'd probably sell most of the 600 remaining tickets this week, it's a relatively short trip for their fans and there will be plenty of coaches making the trip down the M42. 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/12/24/ticket-update-burton-leeds

Villa v Burton is now officially a full house on Boxing Day – but you can still get your festive fix for our match with Leeds United.

Steve Bruce’s men will play in front of over 42,000 fans as the Brewers come to town, with the Trinity Road Upper opened for the first time this season.

There are still tickets available for our clash with Garry Monk’s men as we look to avenge the 2-0 defeat at Elland Road earlier this term, with the Trinity Road Upper open once again.

Not so sure the Leeds one will sell out as there seems to be lots of seats available.

The midweek kick off and being on TV won't help sales either.

Agree on the revenge bit though - went to Elland Road earlier this month and it cost a fortune for the total trip so hoping for revenge!

53 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Not so sure the Leeds one will sell out as there seems to be lots of seats available.

The midweek kick off and being on TV won't help sales either.

Agree on the revenge bit though - went to Elland Road earlier this month and it cost a fortune for the total trip so hoping for revenge!

The Leeds game will be close to a sell out. The Upper Trinity is being opened for it and we have already sold over 37,000. 

A good win over Burton could see us push 40k for the 2nd time in 3 days!

• Like 1

Think a lot of folks, such as myself who are away for Christmas or can't get to Villa Park on Boxing Day due to trains not running will be going to the Leeds game. So despite being on Sky, I still think sales will be good.

Â