Trinity Road Upper, Open Boxing day

Guest av1

It seems we are opening the upper Trinity for the Burton game. Started a new thread as the previous thread has been locked. 

AVFC.CO.UK.

Villa are opening the Trinity Road Upper for the first time this season when we face Burton Albion this festive period.

We’re expecting a bumper crowd for the Boxing Day fixture as fans flock to see Steve Bruce’s men look to maintain our terrific home form in B6.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Seems strange when we couldn't even muster 30k on Saturday.

Is going to Burton a huge pull on boxing day for those who stayed away from that one?

There's no public transport. Parking will be terrible. It does seem a strange thing to do.

10 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Rather sad that we can't pull 40k in on regular basis for a club our size. If only our home support was even a fraction as good as our away support.

We rarely do unless we are doing well. I'd of thought the Leeds game would see the opening of the trinity upper too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Yep went down to get 2 tickets today and they only had upper tier Trinity left if you want 2 together.  Looks like it will be around 40k

There a quite a few on seatwave dotted around the place if you don't fancy upper Trinity.

I have never been up there myself but haven't heard good things about sitting with them lot...

I just can't see where a 10k jump in fans is coming from.  If anything I'd have thought people would be less likely to be able to go (me for one).

Regardless it's still encouraging and it would be nice to see a regular boost in home attendances.  We should be getting 38k every game imo.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I just can't see where a 10k jump in fans is coming from.  If anything I'd have thought people would be less likely to be able to go (me for one).

Regardless it's still encouraging and it would be nice to see a regular boost in home attendances.  We should be getting 38k every game imo.

We are notorious for have 30k or less the one week then 40k the next. It's nothing new plus it's Boxing Day and we always have a good crowd.

• Like 1

Â