Pre-Match Thread

Grasshopper

Currently 13th, and in that mid-table huddle with lots of other teams.

If we win, we could go 7th and 1 point behind playoffs (with other results going our way).

If we lose, we could go 17th and 5 points away from relegation (if other results went against us). 

16 hours ago, AJ said:

That was last season's game against Norwich, which we won 2 nil. Gabby scored too!

I really don't recall this game being televised, pretty sure it was a Saturday 3pm, but willing to stand corrected. If I'm right though I don't think we've won on TV since Small Heath in the cup last September and vs Leicester in the league back in December 2014, which is even more shocking! As said willing to be told otherwise.....

As for this one I like Markavfc40's line up and fancy a 2-1 away win. 

Norwich fans are unhappy, not only with results (lost 6 in 7) but with the board and club also. They are a reasonable side, should probably finish in the top 6 but the situation there seems far from settled at present. Think if we can get an early goal or two, it could turn nasty. Equally, if they are holding onto a goal lead in the second half and we rally, the nerves will be high for them. Ultimately another 3 points would be lovely for our position but a draw wouldn't be a bad outcome at all. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

All I want for Christmas is to hear the dulcet tones of the villa faithful singing jingle bells in Norwich tomorrow 

A rousing rendition please about 10 seconds before full time 

• Like 1

Massive game, a win would be huge. Norwich are in a tough patch and if this were at home I'd fancy us to beat them but since our away form is still shocking and we simply never win on TV, I just don't see us getting the 3 points. 

6 hours ago, Mammoth10 said:

I really don't recall this game being televised, pretty sure it was a Saturday 3pm, but willing to stand corrected. If I'm right though I don't think we've won on TV since Small Heath in the cup last September and vs Leicester in the league back in December 2014, which is even more shocking! As said willing to be told otherwise.....

As for this one I like Markavfc40's line up and fancy a 2-1 away win. 

Yes, I remember the game. I had to be up at stupid o' clock to watch it live.

It was a strange day, that day, my friend. Villa won. The Earth momentarily stopped spinning, birds were flying backwards, and the Care Bears released a rap version of Nine Inch Nails' "Closer".

Norwich in terrible form

Anything less than a win will be disappointing

They will play right into our hands as they will be the home side and they have to attack which will leave space

Big Jon and Adomah to get on the scoresheet 2 - 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

No, this isn't true. Remember, three points is the minimum we should be expecting. 

That's against 'the likes of Wigan'. Against 'the likes of Norwich' I'm not sure what the bar is.

Decent pies and adequate washroom facilities?

• Like 1