Pre-Match Thread

Grasshopper

We've got a good recent record against Norwich City, so I'm hoping that continues. I think they're a good traditional club and they play a good attacking brand of football which is easy on the eye. Fingers crossed it should be a great spectacle, especially as it's on tv :) I hope I get the chance to watch it on tv with my Dad!

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have a feeling that our current set up could really prosper against better teams. I quite fancy us to win this on a series of counter attacks.

Yup we have struggled to break down teams down for yonks . I like it when we play teams who come at us .

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have a feeling that our current set up could really prosper against better teams. I quite fancy us to win this on a series of counter attacks.

We haven't scored a single counter attacking goal all season. That's not to say we won't, just to say. 

This game is mahoosive. You could say they all are, but with the opportunity to go 6th for the first time there for the taking, Norwich in free fall with a defence that leaks like a sieve, we won't find many better opportunities to take a 'big' scalp. 

This game could be the making of us. Win this and we won't look back again, IMO. 

Tough one to call. We are more than capable of getting 3 points against a faltering Norwich but yesterday's performance, albeit against a stubborn defensive side, is a bit of a concern.  

I expect as similar starting line up but maybe Westwood will come in for Gardner and we may even see Gabby for this one. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tshibola at some point either.

1-1 and a bloody long drive home.

Edited by One For The Road

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Gotta say it again, we haven't won a match that was televised since February 6th. It would be nice to see Villa win more than one match this season. Please win. 

It's a shocking statistic, especially as we have been on TV 6/7 times this season already? Atrocious really, you'd think by the law of averages it won't continue. 

So bet your house on a 1-1. 

These have lost six of their last seven games so we need to go at them from the get go and get the crowd edgy and hopefully get an early goal.

I'd like to see Westwood in for Gardner and McCormack in for Ayew with McCormack playing through the middle and Adomah and Kodjia either side and Grealish just behind.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Gotta say it again, we haven't won a match that was televised since February 6th. It would be nice to see Villa win more than one match this season. Please win. 

That was last season's game against Norwich, which we won 2 nil. Gabby scored too!