Crouch or Rooney?

b6bloke

Crouch or Rooney?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Crouch or Rooney?

• Rooney
    • Crouch

Rooney, but had Heskey been fit I would have played him with Owen, with the same logic as Barry gets in ahead of Lampard. I don't feel Crouch brings much to the team (his goals have generally been in friendlies and against sub standard opposition)

Could that mean that Crouch is useful to play against the poorer opposition then? If he's effective like that then why not utilise it?

I understand what you are saying but i know Rooney is a better player by Miles, but his scoring ratio for England is Hopless

13 goals in 39 games. Its 1 in 3.

Up until the World Cup he was brilliant in nearly every game. Under Eriksson he was regularly played out of position same for Utd but the press only look at goals performance seems to mean nothing to them. That's where this silly statistic of Rooney being poor for 3 years because he rarely scores has come from.

It doesnt have to be one or the other, it can also depend on form and tactics too.

Against the lesser teams who tend to put 11 men behind the ball i would go for Crouch. He has good link up play and is always a threat in the air but most importantly he has an uncanny knack of getting a foot, toe or head to scrappy loose balls in the box, which is why he picked up so many goals so far.

Rooney struggles when there isnt space for him to run into and doesnt suit games where it's 90 minutes of trying to break down the opposition.

A more open game (or at least one that isn't 10 men behind the ball) against opposition of a similar quality, where you're looking for individuals to make the difference then i'd go for Rooney. I don't think Crouch is capable of scoring the sort of goals like Rooney's against Roma the other week.

Hehe. Rooney is a deep lying forward. With tremendous vision, awareness and linkup play. That is his natural game. It's been the poison of his career being born English. People just cant understand him as a player.

No question for me, Rooney.

I'd rather drop Owen than Rooney to be honest.

agreed.

i don't think the two can play together TBH. I think metal mickey needs a target man type player to play off, and that is not shrek.

of the two (owen or shrek) i'd pick shrek every time. a more complete player IMO.

It doesnt have to be one or the other, it can also depend on form and tactics too.

Against the lesser teams who tend to put 11 men behind the ball i would go for Crouch. He has good link up play and is always a threat in the air but most importantly he has an uncanny knack of getting a foot, toe or head to scrappy loose balls in the box, which is why he picked up so many goals so far.

Rooney struggles when there isnt space for him to run into and doesnt suit games where it's 90 minutes of trying to break down the opposition.

A more open game (or at least one that isn't 10 men behind the ball) against opposition of a similar quality, where you're looking for individuals to make the difference then i'd go for Rooney. I don't think Crouch is capable of scoring the sort of goals like Rooney's against Roma the other week.

Hehe. Rooney is a deep lying forward. With tremendous vision, awareness and linkup play. That is his natural game. It's been the poison of his career being born English. People just cant understand him as a player.

I think it's more that his International managers don't understand him tbh. Though havign said that Man U also play him as a lone striker quite often too.

Â