Crouch or Rooney?

b6bloke

Crouch or Rooney?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Crouch or Rooney?

• Rooney
    • Crouch

Crouch has scored 12 goals in 12 months for England and Rooney has had a very poor 3 years. There is an argument going on that although fat frank is a better player Barry is better for England. Couldyou say the same for Crouch? Who would you rather partner Owen?

Guest North_Stand_Warrior

I hear what you are saying, but I dont think it applies to crouch, because I dont think we've played better football or been a better team with crouch in the side. So, Rooney.

Rooney, based on my theory that he is forced to drop deeper to get the ball (often into his own half) while playing for England because every time he isnt in the 18 yard box, Lampard sees it as an opportunity to charge forward, resulting him in getting less balls from a midfield that spend half their time trying to get in front of him.

If Barry keeps his place in the middle, Rooney's role for England will be more like his role for Man Utd. He can play "in the hole" because he knows he will still have players behind him looking to pass, rather than players charging past him looking to score.

Rooney for me, I've always thought Crouch had more than an element of complete and utter fluke about his game

I didn't think Rooney and Owen combined that badly yesterday tbh, when you consider that one of them has been largely unfit for the best part of two years and the other keeps getting injured too

How many times have they played together in the last three years?

Rooney, all round better footballer.

I understand what you are saying but i know Rooney is a better player by Miles, but his scoring ratio for England is Hopless and IMHO i think Crouch deserves to be in there by merit. We all going mad when Lamps was being picked on reputation alone so whats the difference with Rooney?

I understand what you are saying but i know Rooney is a better player by Miles, but his scoring ratio for England is Hopless

13 goals in 39 games. Its 1 in 3.

For England, Peter Crouch, his goalscoring record speaks for itself. Good player for such a tall lad, great with the ball at his feet. Very good in air as you'd expect and a real pain in the arse for opposition defenders at set-pieces.

Rooney's record at international level isn't too good, don't think his partnership with Owen works too well. I think England have to play a big man up front, a Crouch, Heskey or a Dean Ashton. And it's a case of who do you play with him, Owen or Rooney, and i'd go Owen.

I'd like to Dean Ashton given a go upfront for England, reckon he'd do well.

Who's the better target man?

Emile Heskey

Peter Crouch

Dean Ashton

Who would you rather have in your England side?

It doesnt have to be one or the other, it can also depend on form and tactics too.

Against the lesser teams who tend to put 11 men behind the ball i would go for Crouch. He has good link up play and is always a threat in the air but most importantly he has an uncanny knack of getting a foot, toe or head to scrappy loose balls in the box, which is why he picked up so many goals so far.

Rooney struggles when there isnt space for him to run into and doesnt suit games where it's 90 minutes of trying to break down the opposition.

A more open game (or at least one that isn't 10 men behind the ball) against opposition of a similar quality, where you're looking for individuals to make the difference then i'd go for Rooney. I don't think Crouch is capable of scoring the sort of goals like Rooney's against Roma the other week.

Crouch.

I think Rooney is very over-rated and I think more often than not he doesn't bring much to the team. A lot of England's good attacks are ruined by him shooting into a player 2 yards away.

No question for me, Rooney.

I'd rather drop Owen than Rooney to be honest.

I can't understand that MM. Owen is an absolute legend who is so taken for granted it's untrue.

He'll alomst certainly be Englands top goalscorer... ever ever! I mean put that into perspective for a second.

I can't understand that MM. Owen is an absolute legend who is so taken for granted it's untrue.

He'll alomst certainly be Englands top goalscorer... ever ever! I mean put that into perspective for a second.

Yeah, probably, if he can stay fit.

But the truth is you can never rely on him to get a good run of games behind him. On his day he is world class, there's no doubt about it, but so is Rooney and he has more to his came to benefit England than Owen in my opinion.

I was speaking hypothetically anyway. There's no way either of them will get dropped, especially for Crouch. But if I had to pick one of them to sit on the bench, I'd go for Owen, just because I think an on form Rooney is unstoppable and would offer more to the team.

Rooney, but had Heskey been fit I would have played him with Owen, with the same logic as Barry gets in ahead of Lampard. I don't feel Crouch brings much to the team (his goals have generally been in friendlies and against sub standard opposition)

Yeah, probably, if he can stay fit.

But the truth is you can never rely on him to get a good run of games behind him. On his day he is world class, there's no doubt about it, but so is Rooney and he has more to his came to benefit England than Owen in my opinion.

I was speaking hypothetically anyway. There's no way either of them will get dropped, especially for Crouch. But if I had to pick one of them to sit on the bench, I'd go for Owen, just because I think an on form Rooney is unstoppable and would offer more to the team.

Fair enough, i can see your point even if i do really disagree.

I just don't think you can take someone out who finishes so consistently. I also don't think (as brilliant a player as he is) that Rooneys contribution to England after his first 10 or so games has really been up to much.

Â