Last of Us Part 2

hogso

I think in an era where games show way too much footage and give way too much away this approach of keeping some things secret is great. I would love if this game launched and we didn't even know who the playable character is.. I understand I probably won't get that wish as E3 2018 will likely have extended gameplay, but I would love to be 100% in the dark as we could be playing as anyone in Part 2. These days I prefer vague trailers which is why Last of Us: Part 2 and Death Stranding are two of my most anticipated games cause I know **** all about them, it's great. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

The trailer is just... grim. There's nothing wrong with a grim trailer, I'm down for violence, but I dunno... A trailer that is literally just grim from it's cold open through its 3 minute running time is kinda... crap.

It's affective and different, I thought it was great, it holds so much back that it left me excited to see more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daweii said:

I think in an era where games show way too much footage and give way too much away this approach of keeping some things secret is great. I would love if this game launched and we didn't even know who the playable character is.. I understand I probably won't get that wish as E3 2018 will likely have extended gameplay, but I would love to be 100% in the dark as we could be playing as anyone in Part 2. These days I prefer vague trailers which is why Last of Us: Part 2 and Death Stranding are two of my most anticipated games cause I know **** all about them, it's great. 

That's fine - Rockstar do it brilliantly.

This isn't that, it's a poor trailer

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/11/2017 at 16:40, Stevo985 said:

I don't care about the violence or the grimness. It just isn't a very good trailer.

I didn't think the first game was very good, so I'll avoid the second one I reckon.  I guess I just don't like the Naughty Dog approach to games.

• 2 years later...

I read some of it too, and jeez, it appears to be almost unrelentingly dark, which would be in keeping with those earliest trailers - in so much as, is it too dark to be enjoyable? I suppose it comes down to personal preference, but for me it would make the whole world feel a lot more real if it doesn't pull any punches.

Can't really say anymore than that without avoiding potential spoilers, but, they do ring true to me. I'll just say that one of the posts on this very page is now a lot more interesting!

Edited by hogso

• 5 weeks later...

So much for if it ain't broke don't fix it, they've added loads of gameplay mechanics to it, I saw a hint of an uncharted style car chase set piece too, looks incredible and hopefully it'll be as engaging as the first game (still the best story telling in any game I've played imo) 

I don't think you need the leak to kind of know what the story is going to be 

Spoiler

Joel is dying at the start ala his daughter in the first game

Strange how I've got no real buzz about it, just an expectation that'll it'll be a solid 10/10, taking the game for granted a little, FF7 remake and ghosts I'm looking for snippets and previews and reviews to get a feel for it, this I'm not, watched the state of play but kind of stayed away from it just comfortable that'll tick every box for me so I can wait patiently 

• Like 1

I have an air of apathy about this release and it's not because I don't think it'll be good, I just think it's going to be more of the same outside of a few new set pieces. I'm really struggling to get excited for this one. 

I don't love Naughty Dogs stuff. The Uncharted series is fine and has its impressive moments but I'd happily never play another of those games, and the Last of Us is a very good narrative in a game that isn't aged that well. I'll probably play this at some point but I'm in no rush to do so. I've no doubt it'll be a good game and it'll get very good reviews, but I just really don't care about this series 

• Like 1

I think it'll be a 10/10 crown jewell exclusive that rounds off some incredible PS4 exclusives by being better than all of them

I pre ordered it yesterday so will be playing it the day it comes out (hopefully...) 

But I'm not excited about it, apathy is probably the right word, you know exactly what it'll be, if anything I'm hoping it feels like an old shoe, the fact that I know I will enjoy it and love it diminishes the pre release interest and excitement in it 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2020 at 11:17, Chindie said:

I don't love Naughty Dogs stuff. The Uncharted series is fine and has its impressive moments but I'd happily never play another of those games, and the Last of Us is a very good narrative in a game that isn't aged that well. I'll probably play this at some point but I'm in no rush to do so. I've no doubt it'll be a good game and it'll get very good reviews, but I just really don't care about this series 

Same. I enjoyed it, but I was expecting more after the amazing reviews it got. I don't think I gave it a second thought after completing it. I'll wait for the price to drop a bit before picking this up I think.

(I'm aware this is the most pointless post ever and I'm never going to be a game critic :D)

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Same. I enjoyed it, but I was expecting more after the amazing reviews it got. I don't think I gave it a second thought after completing it. I'll wait for the price to drop a bit before picking this up I think.

(I'm aware this is the most pointless post ever and I'm never going to be a game critic :D)

I was absolutely captivated tbh.

Do you have paypal? 

• Haha 1

Loved the first game and really looking forward to this. Accidentally heard some spoilers when one video ran into another on Youtube but to be honest just made me look forward to it more.

I'm certainly looking forward to this more than the restarted season!

Can't wait for this game, but can't justify paying 50 quid for it when I have a back catalogue of games I am working through.

I only played Last of Us earlier this year, so managed to wait 7 years. Pretty sure I can wait a few months until the price drops for this one.

Easily my favourite game so far though so I have high hopes for this one!

Â