Solihull Moors

One For The Road

A friend of mine, Liam McDonald, has just taken over after leaving Hednesford Town just a few months into the job. He is touted for big things after doing well at Redditch United and they are currently 2 up at Luton in the FA Cup 2nd round. 

Love it if they get through and draw a Prem team. Even Villa couldn't win a cup tie at Luton!

Doing fantastic so far. I went to watch them last season when they won the league. They actually lost the game I went to (home to FCUM).

I recall Stefan Moore coming off the bench for them 

I just said to my son we must go and see them. In addition to being our local team I have strong historical family connections to Moor Green,  and Solihull Borough used to be one of my clients back in the day.  Then I looked up and 0-2 was 3-2.  I expect my cursory interest has cursed them already. 

• 4 months later...

Just to say well done to the Moors. Secured their survival in the National League today after recovering from a disastrous 6-match losing streak including a 0-9 thumping by Tranmere. But two good wins have calmed things down. 

And I don't recall anyone calling for the manager to be sacked, or saying he was a dinosaur, during the bad run. They just stuck together and played their way out of it.

Really pleased for what use to be my "local" club. :)

• Like 2

On 12/3/2016 at 16:28, sidcow said:

I just said to my son we must go and see them. In addition to being our local team I have strong historical family connections to Moor Green,  and Solihull Borough used to be one of my clients back in the day.  Then I looked up and 0-2 was 3-2.  I expect my cursory interest has cursed them already. 

Bit late... 

A chap at my work was a massive Moor Green fan back in the day. However, he refuses to acknowledge the merger and now follows Leamington instead these days. 

• 1 year later...

Quick shout-out her for the Moors who have secured another season playing in the National League.

Around Christmas time they looked like goners, mired deep in the relegation zone, but an amazing run of 37 points from their last 20 games pulled them clear. Shame they spoiled it by getting thumped 1-4 last day of the season but otherwise that's promotion form! They got nearly 70% of their points after Christmas.

Big achievement for Mark Yates their manager, who took over the reins in November, and the players he brought in. Even though he did start his playing career with SHA. Shows people can recover from a disadvantaged start in life. ^_^

• Like 1

Â