club vs country

ianrobo1

Club v country  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Club v country

• Villa - CL qualification
    • England football WC

Has to be Villa.

I'd love to see England win the WC, but its not as personal as villa in the CL.

Besides, even if Barry scored/assisted the winner in the WC final it wouldn't have as much chance of silencing my SHA mates.

England.

Change the question to England World Cup Win and a Villa Champions League Win and then i couldn't decide, perhaps currently id favour a Villa Champions League win but that could change.......i don't know.

Both would be nice!!!

England winning the world cup by a long way, it's not even a direct comparison so doesnt really find out where peoples loyalties lie when it comes down to it.

Villa winning the Prem or England the World Cup would be fairer.

If that was the question i'm not sure i could decide. Either would be absolutely amazing.

No contest for me, the England team does not interest me at all.

Have to agree. In terms of football, it's Villa all the time over the national side. The managers a prick and all the players are over paid prima donnas that don't give a **** about playing for their country. Not to mention the joke of a selection policy.

its funny i always say i don;tcare about england but when the games come around i get caught up in the interest and there's usually a good atmosphere down the pub I guess. but really it's villa all the way, I'm proud of my affiliation to Villa, I'm not particularly so of my place of birth

Tricky. If it was World Cup vs Villa win the League, then Villa all the way. Maybe even the FA cup.

But you're talking about scraping qualification, then having to go through the preliminary rounds and maybe not making it to the CL propper. Put that against a few days bladdered watching the world cup and then a national holiday when we win and us batting away £20m+ bids for Barry...

Not sure. I loved the old Euro nights.

Villa all the time. I support England, and Sweden too obviously, but Villa is classes above. I'd love to see Villa in the CL. Then we have the possibility to beat Barcelona again. :nod:

It's Villa for me every time.

If Barry misses a spot kick or something like that in the Euro 2008(if we get there!) you get all the mongs from Bloose and the other midlands clubs slagging him. The same thing happened with Southgate where I was pulled apart from a nose who was having a go!

You can keep England, I'm no longer bothered about them.

Depends for me. Under Ellis I found it very hard to care in the same way about the Villa and compensated a bit with the National team. I also love the unity of fans in this country when England are playing well in a big competition. Try telling me you were not bothered about England when we were spanking 5 past the Germans, or ripping Holland apart (a while ago that one). They joy is the same for me watching England score, but the roar comes from the whole country, which I find quite special. The problem is that it is easy to drift away from a club or country team that Second choice Steve is in charge of. You can be reasonably assured that I would not have a season ticket now if MON was in the England job and SCS was filling the Villa hotseat. I struggled to work out which one to vote for as I do love the big national competitions, but I do miss the day to day interaction with club football.

I went for the England team in the end. It should be the pinnacle of a players career, but the more we treat it as second choice the less the players will care too.

Â