• Kodjia
    • Gestede
    • Grealish (Garnder 67)
    • Ayew (Adomah 77)
    • Agbonlahor (Gestede 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't think choosing Gestede was wrong, it was the right choice against 2 x 6'4 centre halves.....what went wrong apart from a couple of odd headers is Gestede never worked Jansson & Batley anywhere near enough.

sometimes the managers choices are right, its the players not applying themselves correctly is more the issue.

ps some of the younger fans should have seen Andy Gray work his opposite numbers.....they thought they had been in a car crash.....and he was only c 5'11.

Edited by TRO

Despite the result I enjoyed the match and thought both sides applied themselves well.  It was very competitive and I think both sides will do well this season.  Monk has Leeds well settled and he may have a bit more about him as a manager than I first thought from his time at Swansea.  It's surprising that they were only 16th in the home league going into this one but I suspect that was more a reflection of them taking time to find their rhythm at the start of the season.  They've gone from 17th at home from weeks 1-10 up to 6th for weeks 11-19.

We have that first loss monkey off our back now, if that's even a thing.  We go again :trollface:

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't think choosing Gestede was wrong, it was the right choice against 2 x 6'4 centre halves.....what went wrong apart from a couple of odd headers is Gestede never worked Jansson & Batley anywhere near enough.

sometimes the managers choices are right, its the players not applying themselves correctly is more the issue.

ps some of the younger fans should have seen Andy Gray work his opposite numbers.....they thought they had been in a car crash.....and was only c 5'10.

this ^^^^

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Andy Lochhead was another one

Peter Withe too

but the frustration for me GH is our lads don't impose themselves like they did.....it won't always be on a plate.

• Like 1

I just watched the game again with a few rewinds.

I think both managers set out to negate each others threat.

I think SB played it right, Leeds are a tought fit side and they got a goal at a good time for them.

I've watched the 1st goal over and over again, but it wasnt untill I looked at it from a Leeds perspective, that I realised/thought

what a great ball in, great run from Roofe. You can fault Elphick for positioning and Gollini for a little bit of no mans land, But if it was our goal we would have creamed over "the attacking play - ball in/movement".

The second goal comes from a  misplaced pass from Jedi. but Sakko (?) went into overdrive leaving Chester flat footed (he'd bombed forward & back just a few seconds before the goal -was obviously out on his feet) drove passed Amavi and Elphick was never gonna catch him. Gollini nearly saved it and Elphick nearly cleared it.

Cant critisize too much as they'd giving a good account of themselves and got punished twice.

I hope its a good lesson learnt against a solid side with a manager who also knows what he's doing.

On another day we would have taken one of our chances then would have had to have dealt with a Leeds onslaught untill they equalized.

• Like 2

Â