• Kodjia
    • Gestede
    • Grealish (Garnder 67)
    • Ayew (Adomah 77)
    • Agbonlahor (Gestede 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Can't get as angry as most on VT despite having had a few. 

This was classic Bruce away since he's been with us. Keep solid, control the game and bring on the more attacking players with 20/30mins to go to try and nick it. 

Today it was all going to plan but they happened to score out of nowhere. Could it have been prevented? Yes but sometimes these things happen. 

Personally I'd like to have seen us be more bold from the start. I don't think we should be afraid of anyone in this league and we have the players to outplay everyone especially with our peckers up for the first time in years. 

Brucey however is out to not get beat away, point minimum and odd win then make sure we get the three at home. 

Up to now it's worked for him, so he gets my trust as I'm pretty sure he knows more about these things than me. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I was disappointed with that today.....too many having poor games

• Gollini looked hesitant
  • Sako had the beating of Amavi thoughout the game.
  • Kodjia looked out muscled and pressed.

I have to say despite the fact we could have won that with better individual decision making.....Leeds impressed me with their pressing for nigh on 90 minutes and their power, yes they appear a little dirty but I think its more a focus on being physical and squeezing us.

When they had the ball they had space, when we had the ball we were immediately closed down.

I thought after the Liverpool game they would be tired....not so.

I was pleased with how Steve B kept a lid on it during the after the game interview, because he looked seething.

Finally, I have to give a bit of begrudging credit to Leeds.....I can't remember a team denying us space, so often during a game......Their pressing was most impressive.

That's the way I saw it. Leeds were a lot stronger than us and that midweek game at Liverpool did them no harm like I hoped it would . We got beat by the better team today and we have to take it on the chin. We were far too negative for my liking. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

It's a tough league and mistakes cost us today ,but we were unbeaten in 7 and we have improved massively under Bruce we still aren't the finished article and mistakes are killing us ,didn't think Leeds we better than us today but you have to take your chances and you can't give away soft goals .Our home form is key we keep winning our home games and pick up a few away wins and we will be bang in the promotion picture come May Wigan at home is very winnable and we are back on track again tonight was disappointing but we are heading in right direction .

• Like 1

No big deal about today. Get up,  dust ourselves down and get on with the job in hand. Leeds shown today what a good team they are and they put a few doubters away. Both clubs will be around the play offs.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That's the way I saw it. Leeds were a lot stronger than us and that midweek game at Liverpool did them no harm like I hoped it would . We got beat by the better team today and we have to take it on the chin. We were far too negative for my liking. 

We tried to mount attacks, but their closing down of us was quite impressive and denied us....we have to give the opposition a bit of credit here.

you are right, they looked much stronger than us.

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

How? Gollini screwed up for the first goal and a shit back pass did us on the second. How would Baker have made a difference?

I think Baker would have been marking the striker, Elphick had lost his man in both goals. 

Edited by LondonLax

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It might be for the best in the long run - we've come through seven games unbeaten despite only dominating for 30 minutes against Brighton.

We don't control games, but we have individuals who can get us goals and organisation that can keep us solid - that's different to being good - ultimately this is still a team with a poor midfield and we showed it today. We can still do stuff in this league despite that, but for success we need to change that.

Westwood is the best of them, but isn't really good enough, Gardner isn't great and Jedinak is rubbish but big - if he was 5'10" he'd be nowhere near the first team - Tshibola isn't ready - and we need to buy at least two central midfielders in January if we want to get up.

It's a defeat against a decent side, we'll have those, we're not bad, but our weakness is obvious - we'll do alright as we are - the question in January will be about whether alright is enough for our ambitions.

I think you will find our weakness is not obvious and that posters / fans disagree with each other on that.

each of our players have different weaknesses, so it depends on which ones folk focus on and which ones they ignore or don't spot....its very debateable.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, villakram said:

I'm not so sure about your interpretation of Bruce's postgame comments @TRO, he has a history of simply not having a clue how a game has gone.

I simply disagree with that.

• Like 1

One I'll take on the chin.  Elphick and Gollini seem to bring out the worst in each other, I'm not confident at all when that combo is on the pitch. Central midfield still isn't right, dunno whether the transfer window will be utilised to replace Westwood in the starting XI.  Pleased to see Gabby looking determined when he comes on, he's got a lot to prove and he appears to know it. 

Today both Norwich and Fulham scored 5. Barnsley put 3 past SHA at the Sty. We don't score goals too often and that is what will cost us. Dr Tony can say all his wonderful things on Twitter but the reality is we lose Kodjia, Adomah and Ayew in January and the rubbish we have to fill in for them will not be capable. We dominated possession for large portions of the game today but didn't have a single goal scoring chance. When our attack is weakened in January we will have to rely on Gestede, Agbonlahor and McCormack non of which inspires me. Leede are nothing special and yet they are well in the play off zone. We are so far behind it is disgraceful.

Edited by pacbuddies

9 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

One I'll take on the chin.  Elphick and Gollini seem to bring out the worst in each other, I'm not confident at all when that combo is on the pitch. Central midfield still isn't right, dunno whether the transfer window will be utilised to replace Westwood in the starting XI.  Pleased to see Gabby looking determined when he comes on, he's got a lot to prove and he appears to know it. 

I thought Gollini & Amarvi was having some differences of opinion too.

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Leeds have some very good players. Monk is a good manager too.

Don't think they cost much either.....they are big in stature and have all bought in to a unified approach.....strong, powerful and industrious.

All just feels a bit meh. Bruce set us up to keep it 0-0 and then take a chance on snatching it with his subs. This goes out the window when we go a goal behind. The substitutions that followed seemed to work for Leeds and not us. Our attacking players were subsequently in disarray and so disorganised and this led to our collapse.

Sadly, it all felt inevitable that we'd lose when Leeds scored. We were out fought in the second half and couldn't match their intensity or pressing. But the run had to end sometime and it's perhaps a reality check. Leeds are decent and we didn't play as good as we showed we can at Brighton but we need to pick up the momentum again next weekend against Wigan as we have a couple of very difficult away games in Norwich and QPR coming up. 

Will take tonight on the chin. Everyone loses to anyone in this mad league. It was our turn tonight. I have more faith in Bruce in getting us bouncing back than I have in recent managers. 

Â