• Kodjia
    • Gestede
    • Grealish (Garnder 67)
    • Ayew (Adomah 77)
    • Agbonlahor (Gestede 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

The biggest disappointment for me was watching a Leeds team that were there for the taking and we lacked any real hunger to take the game by the scruff of the neck.  Last season we'd have blamed a lack of leaders, but now we have several that should have got the side going.  Midfield is our biggest problem overall.  We need drive, a box to box player if you like and we haven't had this since Delph and Cleverley.  I'm not worried like the past, but disappointed, as we should have got a point minimum from this.  We go again as someone famous once said.  Wigan at home next week could be just what we need to forget this quickly.  

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

We weren't terrible but our counter attacking was far too slow. Rudy shouldn't have started. Hutton was weak going forward. 

That midfield three was very u likely to create many chances and it panned out that way. 

Subs made no impact either

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It might be for the best in the long run - we've come through seven games unbeaten despite only dominating for 30 minutes against Brighton.

We don't control games, but we have individuals who can get us goals and organisation that can keep us solid - that's different to being good - ultimately this is still a team with a poor midfield and we showed it today. We can still do stuff in this league despite that, but for success we need to change that.

Westwood is the best of them, but isn't really good enough, Gardner isn't great and Jedinak is rubbish but big - if he was 5'10" he'd be nowhere near the first team - Tshibola isn't ready - and we need to buy at least two central midfielders in January if we want to get up.

It's a defeat against a decent side, we'll have those, we're not bad, but our weakness is obvious - we'll do alright as we are - the question in January will be about whether alright is enough for our ambitions.

Agree apart from the Jedinak bit. If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

Well I think we all know that we can't rely on Gestede or Agbonlahor during the ACON. Tony said we have a plan for over that period. I hope it's a good one.

And Bruce - I love what he's doing - but I really hope he doesn't treat it like his own money as he said he would. We need some players; if it means paying over the odds, then so be it. I'm not saying the club should be held to ransom, but we'll obviously need to pay a premium for the players we want. Waiting until the summer, when they might be cheaper, doesn't fit in with any goal for instant promotion. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

I was disappointed with that today.....too many having poor games

• Gollini looked hesitant
  • Sako had the beating of Amavi thoughout the game.
  • Kodjia looked out muscled and pressed.

I have to say despite the fact we could have won that with better individual decision making.....Leeds impressed me with their pressing for nigh on 90 minutes and their power, yes they appear a little dirty but I think its more a focus on being physical and squeezing us.

When they had the ball they had space, when we had the ball we were immediately closed down.

I thought after the Liverpool game they would be tired....not so.

I was pleased with how Steve B kept a lid on it during the after the game interview, because he looked seething.

Finally, I have to give a bit of begrudging credit to Leeds.....I can't remember a team denying us space, so often during a game......Their pressing was most impressive.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Well I think we all know that we can't rely on Gestede or Agbonlahor during the ACON. Tony said we have a plan for over that period. I hope it's a good one.

And Bruce - I love what he's doing - but I really hope he doesn't treat it like his own money as he said he would. We need some players; if it means paying over the odds, then so be it. I'm not saying the club should be held to ransom, but we'll obviously need to pay a premium for the players we want. Waiting until the summer, when they might be cheaper, isn't suitable. 

The worry is though that most of these players making an impact in this league have cost little money.....Its more about character, application and seeing them develop as players in a team environment.

Thats why I think it will be next year when we go up.

Steve Bruce has done fantastic, but he is not a miracle worker.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

The worry is though that most of these players making an impact in this league have cost little money.....Its more about character, application and seeing them develop as players in a team environment.

Thats why I think it will be next year when we go up.

Steve Bruce has done fantastic, but he is not a miracle worker.

It does feel that so many players i have never heard of/incredibly young and inexperienced still perform far better than most of our squad, they have less ego and far more passion and determination. Some teams play us with a 'nothing to lose, nothing to fear mentality' whereas some of our players are still sh*tting their pants at making a crucial mistake, some know no matter how bad they are they will probably pick up a move in Jan.

Edited by VillanousOne

Perhaps some of our players are 'sh*tting their pants at making a crucial mistake' because of the mindless criticism they get week after week on here regardless of how they perform. Perhaps the Leeds fans support their team more, make them feel better and therefore they play better.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smg said:

Perhaps some of our players are 'sh*tting their pants at making a crucial mistake' because of the mindless criticism they get week after week on here regardless of how they perform. Perhaps the Leeds fans support their team more, make them feel better and therefore they play better.

I'll disagree about agreeing with you

13 minutes ago, smg said:

I think all football forums are the same. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think all football forums are the same. 

I praise players when they do well, criticise them if they don't, not sure why that should be an issue. People seem to think players come on these forums and read them and then run off crying. They don't give two shits what we think. 

Booing them at a game is a different matter and that is something i have never done.

• Like 3

Â