• Kodjia
    • Gestede
    • Grealish (Garnder 67)
    • Ayew (Adomah 77)
    • Agbonlahor (Gestede 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Simply not good enough if we're to gain promotion. We have a lot of catching up to do and whilst it is probably a bad day at the office, the bad days leave you that 1 or 2 points behind the rest.  Sad to say it, but it seems like we need a new GK as well as 2 dynamic midfielders.

(on the plus side, my steak was friggin lovely), 

The sort of performance that infuriates fans. And Villa are experts at. 

Inept. Glaring holes in our squad. Notably, goalkeeper, right back and center midfield. 

Hope Xia and deep pockets, because that  was garbage and I'm sick to my back teeth and that sort of performance. 

So annoying!

Gestede is a complete waste up front. Kodjia is being wasted out on the left.

Gardner and Westwood are a non existent midfield, Bacuna or Grealish would give much more of an attacking outlet through the middle.

Gabby Agbonlahor is a waste of oxygen.

Spunked too many chances up the wall as usual.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

A frustrating game away to a promotion rival.

I think Baker instead of Elphick and we would have kept a clean sheet. 

Oh well, the unbeaten run had to come to an end eventually, it is annoying that it is always the TV game though. 

How? Gollini screwed up for the first goal and a shit back pass did us on the second. How would Baker have made a difference?

We gift wrapped 2 goals to a team that would have otherwise been happy to have held us to a draw. We have to bounce back with a win on Saturday. At least Bruce if he had ever been in any doubt will see from this that we do need to buy/loan players next month.  

Don't think we played badly and were the better team in the first half. Killer goal was a quality cross but Gollini hesitated and that was costly. Leeds were probably the best team we've played this season but looked ordinary for most of the game. Regroup and start another long winning run starting next Saturday. Early days still !

• Like 1

Thing is, we weren't (to my eyes) any worse today than any of the last few games, we just managed to get results from those games by hook or by crook. We haven't looked like a cohesive team capable of controlling games in general, even though Bruce has got us paying better overall.

I still think promotion is a big ask unless we do very good business in the transfer window.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bruce is the man and he has worked wonders since he arrived, but there is a limit to what this set of players can achieve, and tough well-organised teams like Leeds today are always going to be a stretch for us.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They were the better team it's as simple as that. Much stronger than us today.

I think we shaded it before we gave away those two goals. Both teams were poor for me and were looking to play out a 0-0 draw before our early Christmas gifts gave them a win.  

• Like 3

Â