Week 13 - Browns can't lose

Tegis

I don't agree with benching him; you play your best players. But when will Cam grow up? It's not that hard to just wear a tie surely; he'd have known the rules for years by now. I just don't understand his attitude at times. He's a great player but there's times when he can act like such a kid; and he's the leader of the team.

Earl out for the season with a broken Tibia :(

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

Cam needing to "grow up" is probably the biggest load of bollocks in the entire of football 

Eh. Last season people thought he 'changed' when in reality he was winning every week and had no reason to be a child. During and post Super Bowl he reverted to type. 

I don't think not wearing a tie makes him childish, but a leader of a team shouldn't be that dumb.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Eh. Last season people thought he 'changed' when in reality he was winning every week and had no reason to be a child. During and post Super Bowl he reverted to type. 

I don't think not wearing a tie makes him childish, but a leader of a team shouldn't be that dumb.

Cam's biggest fault is that he doesn't like losing. He got battered in the Superbowl and then post-game he was doing an interview in mixed zone and Chris Harris stood about 3 yards away quite obviously baiting him and he walked off. Not sure why that's been brought up because it's totally irrelevant. 

We've been on the west coast for two weeks and he lost the tie whilst travelling. What a terrible leader. 

All last night was a way to deflect any shit from Rivera, the GM and the coaches, because despite the injuries this year, it has been wholly unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

Cam's biggest fault is that he doesn't like losing. He got battered in the Superbowl and then post-game he was doing an interview in mixed zone and Chris Harris stood about 3 yards away quite obviously baiting him and he walked off. Not sure why that's been brought up because it's totally irrelevant. 

We've been on the west coast for two weeks and he lost the tie whilst travelling. What a terrible leader. 

All last night was a way to deflect any shit from Rivera, the GM and the coaches, because despite the injuries this year, it has been wholly unacceptable. 

It all went down on Saturday at the bay area hotel where the team had been staying since playing the Raiders in Oakland the previous weekend. 

After the players and coaches had boarded their buses to go to the airport to head to Seattle to play the Seahawks ... Rivera got off his bus, went to Cam's bus, and pulled Cam off for a 1 on 1 convo. 

We're told this was the moment Rivera confronted Cam about his dress code violation -- not wearing a tie on travel day.

You can see the look on Cam's face ... he's obviously disappointed and retreats back to the bus. 

Cam was benched for the first series of the game on Sunday as punishment.

After the game, Cam explained, "I didn't follow dress code, and Coach told me I wasn't going to start. I stand by his decision."

Cam said he had neckties available -- but the reason he didn't rock one? He didn't feel it went with his outfit.

Come on.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/05/cam-newton-dress-code-violation-ron-rivera/

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Hmmmm. As far as i'm aware turtle necks are considered a suitable alternative to a tie....

Anyway, cutting ones nose off to piss off their face springs to mind.

Not particularly.

Regardless of whether it is a stupid rule (it is) it was still a rule put in place. It was disobeyed because Cam said 'None of the ties went with my outfit'.

I'm sorry but that's absurd. You're earning multi-millions as the face of the franchise. Stick a tie on if that's the rule, regardless of whether it's a stupid rule (it is) or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not particularly.

Regardless of whether it is a stupid rule (it is) it was still a rule put in place. It was disobeyed because Cam said 'None of the ties went with my outfit'.

I'm sorry but that's absurd. You're earning multi-millions as the face of the franchise. Stick a tie on if that's the rule, regardless of whether it's a stupid rule (it is) or not.

When you're earning multi-millions disobeying stupid rules becomes something you no longer need to worry about i'd imagine.

39 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

When you're earning multi-millions disobeying stupid rules becomes something you no longer need to worry about i'd imagine.

Really?

It's the exact opposite. If you're earning 20 million dollars a year, wear a tie if you're told to.

Regardless of whether you're the superstar QB or practise squad fodder, rules are rules are rules are rules.

As soon as you start letting people get away with things, as small as they are, you start losing the team. Ron comes across as a strict coach, with military background. If you see your leader breaking the rules, regardless of how small it is, you'll start breaking them yourself. 

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Really?

It's the exact opposite. If you're earning 20 million dollars a year, wear a tie if you're told to.

Regardless of whether you're the superstar QB or practise squad fodder, rules are rules are rules are rules.

As soon as you start letting people get away with things, as small as they are, you start losing the team. Ron comes across as a strict coach, with military background. If you see your leader breaking the rules, regardless of how small it is, you'll start breaking them yourself. 

If he broke the rules of course he shouldn't be playing, stupid or rule or not.

My point is a multi-millionaire is more likely to turn up to work not wearing a tie than your average working man who literally relies on that job to survive. To Cam Newton breaking a rule like that and not playing or even being fined means nothing to him so he can get away with saying stuff like "It didn't go with any of my outfits".

I'd like to add however that I think he dresses like a dick. Turtle neck or tie, either way. 

• Like 1

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

If he broke the rules of course he shouldn't be playing, stupid or rule or not.

My point is a multi-millionaire is more likely to turn up to work not wearing a tie than your average working man who literally relies on that job to survive. To Cam Newton breaking a rule like that and not playing or even being fined means nothing to him so he can get away with saying stuff like "It didn't go with any of my outfits".

I'd like to add however that I think he dresses like a dick. Turtle neck or tie, either way. 

Ah right, got you.

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

Actually, on that. I've only just looked at the NFL playoff bracets.

Am I correct in thinking that the team who wins their division gets a bye to the second round?

No.

6 from NFC/AFC.

1 - Division winner with best record, first round bye, HFA for entirety of playoffs
2 - Division winner with 2nd best record - first round bye.
3 - Division winner with 3rd best record
4 - Division winner with 4th best record
5 - Non division winner from any division with best remaining record
6 - Non division winner from any division with 2nd best remaining record

So:

1st round:

6 @ 3

5 @ 4

2nd round:

Lowest remaining seed @ 1

Highest remaining seed @ 2

Champ game: