Sign in to follow this  
limpid

Aston Villa Ladies

Don't know enough about ladies football.  I think if they moved their season to the summer it would get a lot more support though.  Let's face it we are all starved of footy in the summer and a Villa team to follow would get me watching every now and then on a lovely hot day.   Cheap family day out and all that.  Maybe a couple of games at Villa Park before pre season friendlies.   They need to do something to grab the masses attention.

Having said all the above maybe the do already!

• Like 2

Its good that they are getting a bit more attention. 

We aren't in the top league (like the mens!), so it would be good to at least be competing at the highest level.

I went to a game last season, took my football playing god daughter to the last game of the season when I'm sure the already won the league reading beat us something like 4-1, it was at Sutton Coldfield, it was ok, couple of hundred people there mainly reading family members I think, if that had been at VP she'd have loved it

i actually went in the VP ticket office to buy the tickets, they had to get the manager to come help, they'd never sold a ticket for a ladies game before (it was pay on the door at SC but I wanted the ticket to put in her card)

I asked my Father if he wanted to attend that fixture at Villa Park, I can't remember the exact from him but he really didn't want to go. Me, on the other hand, I'll be there because I'm just clearly a nice bloke ;) you know that though, yeah? You do!!! I'll gladly do a match report as well :) 

Are AV ladies in the top league?    It was invite only wasn't it when they set it up and we didn't apply?